- 2004 Nissan Murano obd diagnose code scanner5i variant is available to get a cost of around $20,000. Based on Dick Messer, that is Petersen Automotive Museum’s director, “The Alternative Power exhibit traces the exciting evolution of automotive fuels and power sources from steam to hydrogen. If you need to find out about American cars vs fore ...
- 4 Ways Owner Driver Jobs Can Survive an Economic Downturn ... 4 Ways Owner Driver Jobs Can Survive an Economic Downturn 0 views This article is copyright protected and is published in Ask an Expert Business Joined: Sep 10, 2013 169 articles The fact that hard times pass is little consolation to those enduring them. Economic prosperity swings in cycles, bringing success and wealth to industries in periods of plenty, before bringing lean times of scarcity that one must endure until the better times return. But knowing an economic downturn can run its course does not help businesses and workers survive a lack of income and resources. This is no less the case in the courier industry. Hence it is vital that couriers know how to prepare for times that reap more chaff than hay. Reduce vehicle costs If you rely on owner driver jobs, you may operate with merely one van or two. When the industry loses its lustre and work contracts shrivel, it can seem that you have invested all your funds on a venture for an insufficient reward. But, even though you cannot trim from a mighty fleet that you do not have, you can still cut back on vehicular costs. Downsizing your van to a more efficient model, working out tighter routes, and planning your fuel expenses to the letter can save money where you thought there was no money to be saved. Find return loads Expansion is hardly the primary aim of a small business in dire economic seasons. But even those who get by on owner driver jobs need to grow and compete to survive in tough times. This is where an assiduous approach to return loads can come in handy. When it is too difficult to expend money on new routes and new clients, filling return legs with valuable paid cargo and eliminating the burden of dead mileage can suddenly bring about unexpected dividends. These rewards can stave off the brunt of a financial crisis in the industry and the market. Implement low-scale marketing While it is tough to maintain grandiose ambitions of a burgeoning client list when it's tough even trying to pay the bills, you still need to have enough owner driver jobs to make a profit. And since tough times mean many clients will be cutting down on contracts, this often means you still need to find a way to be competitive when attracting new work. Low-scale and savvy marketing plans can make the difference. Using social media, industry forums, local advertising and targeted promotions can ensure you still have enough business to stay out of the red on your balance sheet. Utilise technology When work is plentiful and the industry is booming, everyone seems eager to hunt down the latest and flashiest technological innovation. Such tools are quickly dismissed as extravagant trappings when there is an economic downturn. But if you rely on owner driver jobs you should still look to modern technology to save you time and money. Online courier exchanges, communication tools and operational software are often low-cost for a high reward in efficiency. About author: Brenda Jaaback Norman Dulwich is a correspondent for Courier Exchange, the world's largest neutral trading hub for same day owner driver jobs 1 in the express freight exchange industry. Over 2,500 transport exchange businesses are networked together through their website, trading jobs and capacity in a safe 'wholesale' environment. Other article from Business 4 Ways Words Can Win Owner Driver Jobs 2 Hermes, the Greek god, tied together two characteristics that seem worlds apart in the modern realm of couriers. He was the divine messenger and yet also the patron of wit and oration, a fleet-footed courier who nevertheless had a golden tongue. The ... View by 1 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , 4 Health Tips for Delivery Industry Workers 3 Driving can be very hard work. While that statement seems to fly in the face of common sense, the all too mundane activity of sitting and steering involves a high degree of mental and physical exertion, when engaged in professionally. Long routes require ... View by 1 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , The Courier Driver s Basic Survival Guide 4 Working in the delivery industry can either be considered a glass half full or a glass half empty, depending on how you really regard opportunities and challenges. But bleakness aside, a good courier driver must have a certain set of skills and job abilities ... View by 1 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , Vital Qualities of a Good Courier 5 What separates average couriers from the excellent ones are certain key qualities that make them stand out from the rest. If you re intending to make a regular living by taking on courier jobs, you must have at least the following traits. Impeccable ... View by 2 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , Handling Delicate Medical Courier Jobs 6 Not just any courier company can take on medical courier jobs; these are delicate tasks that can only be handled by people who have undergone some special training, not to mention special equipment. However, serving the medical industry can mean lucrative ... View by 2 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , References ^ owner driver jobs (www.courierexchange.co.uk) ^ 4 Ways Words Can Win Owner Driver Jobs (www.zuarticles.com) ^ 4 Health Tips for Delivery Industry Workers (www.zuarticles.com) ^ The Courier Driver s Basic Survival Guide (www.zuarticles.com) ^ Vital Qualities of a Good Courier (www.zuarticles.com) ^ Handling Delicate Medical Courier Jobs (www.zuarticles.com)
- 4 Ways Words Can Win Owner Driver Jobs 4 Ways Words Can Win Owner Driver Jobs 0 views This article is copyright protected and is published in Ask an Expert Business Joined: Sep 10, 2013 165 articles Hermes, the Greek god, tied together two characteristics that seem worlds apart in the modern realm of couriers. He was the divine messenger and yet also the patron of wit and oration, a fleet-footed courier who nevertheless had a golden tongue. The stereotype of the modern courier is blithely bereft of a golden tongue. They are often deemed to be gruff pragmatists who let their hands, wheels and feet do the talking. But in the modern courier industry there is a vital need for couriers to learn the lingual craftiness of their Olympian patron. There are ways that sharp communication skills can help even small-scale couriers grow their business. Non-verbal poise It is widely believed that a majority of information is communicated in everyday life non-verbally rather than verbally. This is significant for those who make a living from owner driver jobs, because at every instance where they can win or retain a client they can use non-verbal communication skills in their favour. An open and confident posture, assured eye-contact, positive yet not overly familiar gestures, and earnest facial expressions can work wonders to cast an image of confidence, reliability and professionalism. Speed and clarity When you rely on owner driver jobs to support yourself and your family (and particularly when you operate on a small-scale, with one or maybe two vehicles), you feel the pressure to impress and win over every new potential client you meet. Despite the wealth of background checks, reputation markers and accreditation methods available in the modern industry, clients will often be swayed by your ultimate sales pitch. This often comes down to effective presentation. Clear and fast-paced communication will convince your listeners that you know your routes and you can be trusted. Active listening The best and most influential communicators in personal conversations are the best listeners. Listening may not be skill that is honed by continuously taking on owner driver jobs, but you do not need the ear of a therapist to be able to develop the basic active listening skills that will build rapport with clients and cement trusted working relationships. The ability to reflect what you are hearing from the other person so that you not only understand what they are saying, but also demonstrate to them your understanding, is an effective tool in building strong relationships with clients and potential clients. Assertiveness over aggression In every business or industry, there come moments of conflict. Many times, such incidences can be avoided, and many times the ostensible conflict is actually frustration pretending to be a real impasse between two parties. But whether or not the conflict is real or exaggerated, it is important that it does not cost you owner driver jobs. A key communication tactic for engaging in conflict is the use of assertiveness over aggression. This involves making your needs and beliefs clear while respecting the other person's opinion through active listening and willingness to compromise. About author: Brenda Jaaback Norman Dulwich is a correspondent for Courier Exchange, the world's largest neutral trading hub for same day owner driver jobs 1 in the express freight exchange industry. Over 2,500 transport exchange businesses are networked together through their website, trading jobs and capacity in a safe 'wholesale' environment. Other article from Business 4 Health Tips for Delivery Industry Workers 2 Driving can be very hard work. While that statement seems to fly in the face of common sense, the all too mundane activity of sitting and steering involves a high degree of mental and physical exertion, when engaged in professionally. Long routes require ... View by 0 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , The Courier Driver s Basic Survival Guide 3 Working in the delivery industry can either be considered a glass half full or a glass half empty, depending on how you really regard opportunities and challenges. But bleakness aside, a good courier driver must have a certain set of skills and job abilities ... View by 1 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , Vital Qualities of a Good Courier 4 What separates average couriers from the excellent ones are certain key qualities that make them stand out from the rest. If you re intending to make a regular living by taking on courier jobs, you must have at least the following traits. Impeccable ... View by 2 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , Handling Delicate Medical Courier Jobs 5 Not just any courier company can take on medical courier jobs; these are delicate tasks that can only be handled by people who have undergone some special training, not to mention special equipment. However, serving the medical industry can mean lucrative ... View by 2 people Posted by Brenda Jaaback in , Corporate Relocation Services London UK: Buying Property And Relocating With Ease 6 About the various land and real estate agents in London Realtor London UK with the information of the territory's history and expanding improvement are who you have to help you uncover the property you are searching for. If you are searching for a home or ... View by 81 people Posted by William Klein in , References ^ owner driver jobs (www.courierexchange.co.uk) ^ 4 Health Tips for Delivery Industry Workers (www.zuarticles.com) ^ The Courier Driver s Basic Survival Guide (www.zuarticles.com) ^ Vital Qualities of a Good Courier (www.zuarticles.com) ^ Handling Delicate Medical Courier Jobs (www.zuarticles.com) ^ Corporate Relocation Services London UK: Buying Property And Relocating With Ease (www.zuarticles.com)
- 5 Best Apps For Drivers There are apps for everything these days, and there is no shortage of car and driving-related apps
Whether it’s a useful and practical app or one that’s for pure driving enjoyment, here are five must-have apps for any car lover: Parking Aid If you’ve ever parked up quickly in unfamiliar territory and had to rush off, you will know how difficult it can be to locate your car when the time comes to go home
If this happens to you with any frequency, it’s worth investing 69p in this nifty app that uses your phone’s GPS to log the position of your parking space
Motorway Walks and Breaks A charming idea that encourages people to take a break from the motorway and explore the countryside
Great for leisurely Sundays and family holidays, this app gives information on walks, sightseeing points and food outlets within 5 miles of motorway exits
Bouncy castles, nature trails, cafes and pubs are all noted in the app
Live Traffic Info Ideal for anyone who is on the road a lot, this app checks your journey against current disruptions on the motorways and major A roads in England
With information coming direct from the Highways Agency National Traffic Control Centre, it’s a useful tool, and best of all, it’s free
My Door Opener We’ve all experienced that moment of panic
You’re somewhere on the other side of town when the question hits you: did I close the garage door? Luckily, if you are the owner of both a remote controlled garage door and an iPhone, this never needs to be a cause for concern again
This clever app requires a small amount of programming to get it communicating with your garage door, but after that, you will be able to control the door from wherever you are
iWrecked It’s not a scenario anyone wants to think about, but when you’re on the road of course there’s a chance that you may be involved in an accident
This thoughtfully-designed app is there to help you out in the crucial minutes after an accident – all your details such as emergency contacts and insurance are stored in the app, and it reminds you to take pictures, details and log all the particulars
It’s a useful aid for a moment where common sense might escape you
Of course, you should never operate an app while driving a car – always pull over, or ask a passenger
Do you have any great car-related apps? Vivienne Egan writes for insurance provider GEM Motoring Assist, which offers a free iPhone and Android app for its members
- 5 common car noises and what they mean What sounds to shrug off and when to sit up and pay attention when your car talks back A car, like any other modern machine that is an extension of the body iPhones and laptops being the slightly more discrete kinds still has a life of their own beyond the driver
The faint, gentle rumble of your car in 5th gear going along the motorway is a reassuring sign that everything is happening just fine and dandy; if you ve ever been in one of the extremely new models of almost soundless (or electric) cars, it even feels disturbing to not hear it so accustomed are we to the natural background noise of the running engine
However, there are noises emanated by a vehicle which spell bad news
Allianz Your Cover (www.yourcoverinsurance.co.uk) provides you with a few sounds your vehicle might make, distinguishing between the no need to worry and please go straight to the garage : Squealing when accelerating and/or starting the car That will probably be your fan belt it s exhausted
You probably won t mistake this sound either: it s a high-pitched squealing that is pretty hard to ignore
The fan belt has loosened and so is beginning to drag
Immediate action: get in there and check; it may be the belt simply needs tightening, but it could possibly mean it s worn so low you need a new one
A dull knocking Rod knocking is what you re experiencing here
This usually means that the rod bearings within the engine have failed
Immediate action: get to the mechanic! Thump, thump, thump (sometimes with varying accent/loudness) It s a flat-spotted tire this is common on the nylon-rigged tires; often you ll get little spots that get pulled flat and this is the thump you can hear, pat patting on the road
Not to be confused with a flat tire, which you can feel Immediate action: you can usually wait for it to even out as long as you don t mind the noise
If it has in fact worn low then you may need the tire replaced
Tick, tick, tick (usually at the centre back of car, felt most when going at speed) The rod-bearing and the U-joint are stablemates this tick tick sound which will vary with your changes in speed, means Mr U has run out of grease and is about to fail
Accidents happen like this at high speed
Immediate action: get to a mechanic straight away
A hissing or fffffffft sound, rapidly at short intervals (usually when not moving) If your car is going fffft FFFFFT ffft when you stop then please beware; it might sound like a soft hissing but this is far from an innocuous problem
It usually means that an exhaust manifold gasket has failed which now means it s releasing its exhaust gases within the car
Immediate action: get to the garage as soon as you can
There might be a carbon monoxide leak and, either way, that gasket needs replacing
- 5 things we now know about Thatcher and 19811981 saw riots spread across the UK's inner cities, as ethnic minority communities in Liverpool, Manchester and parts of London rose up against police, angry about racial discrimination.
- 5-Time Land Speed Motorcycle Record Holder Valerie Thompson to ... (Las Vegas, NV) October 29, 2012 Valerie Thompson, owner/driver of Valerie Thompson Racing (VTR), will be hosting autograph and photo opportunities at the Martech Services Company display (Booth 11133) at the upcoming SEMA show in Las Vegas from Oct. 30 Nov. 3 from 11 am till 3 pm daily. She will also make appearances at the CTEK Battery Chargers (Booth 10419). Thompson set 3 new land speed records this year with her Martech Services Company sponsored S1000RR, now one of the world s fastest production land speed racing BMW Superbike after running a top speed of 209.5 mph at the Mojave Magnum event in June. Thompson now holds three land speed records in East Coast Timing Associations (ECTA) events and two records at the Bonneville Salt Flats BUB Speed Trials. Video: http://vimeo.com/50895131?action=share 1 I have attended the SEMA Show many times, but this time is really special. The director of marketing of my primary sponsor, Martech Quality Air Breathing Systems is Tom Wright, a long-time friend who took a chance on sponsoring me as a first time owner/driver of a land speed racing team. Without his support, we could never have achieved the great success we enjoyed this year. I m excited to sing the praises of Martech Services Company at SEMA and consider myself lucky to have a sponsor whose products are as great as his friendship, said Thompson. Thompson added, I will also be working with my long-time sponsor, CTEK Battery Chargers, at the SEMA Show. Ken Palmman been wonderful to work with, they truly do make the smartest battery chargers in the world. We have a lot of giveaways for SEMA, including hero cards, Martech Service Company racing shirts, Stay Fast clothing gear and CTEK Comfort Indicators, so be sure to stop by and see us. Valerie Thompson Background Thompson is a five-time land speed record holder and owner/driver of the Valerie Thompson Land Speed Racing Motorcycle Team. She has also competed in the All Harley Drag Racing Association & National Hot Rod Association drag racing series. Valerie Thompson Racing sponsors include: Martech Services Company maker of quality air breathing systems, CTEK Battery Chargers, La-Man Corporation, Stay Fast Custom Clothing Company, GO AZ Motorcycles of Scottsdale, Metro Auto Auction, JEGS, Vortex Racing, Worldwide Bearings, Stand Up Photos, Hyperpro Performance Suspension Products, Shorai Battery, and ZipFizz Healthy Energy Drink. SEMA Background The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. It draws the industry s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more. SEMA Show 2011 drew more than 60,000 domestic and international buyers. The displays are segmented into 12 sections, and a New Products Showcase 2 featured nearly 1,500 newly introduced parts, tools, and components. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more. Additional Information Sources www.breathingsystems.com www.laman.com http://smartercharger.com/ www.stayfastclothing.com www.valeriethompsonracing.com http://www.semashow.com/ 3 4 5 6 7 8 Press Contact Eric Studer VTR (214) 676-3860 EricStuder@mac.com References ^ http://vimeo.com/50895131?action=share (vimeo.com) ^ New Products Showcase (www.semashow.com) ^ www.breathingsystems.com (smartercharger.com) ^ www.laman.com (smartercharger.com) ^ http://smartercharger.com/ (smartercharger.com) ^ www.stayfastclothing.com (smartercharger.com) ^ www.valeriethompsonracing.com (smartercharger.com) ^ http://www.semashow.com/ (www.semashow.com)
- A comprehensive resolution for Air Freight Forwarders crosswise the ... Other Services Published date: 26/10/2012 Country: United States of America Region: Colorado City area: Denver Address: 2525 16th Street #208 SR International is the top Cargo Transportation Services Corporation with ocean freight forwarding and shipping freight forwarder services. They not only offer freight forwarding services Companies but also offer consultancy in client s projects. They have developed a huge network of global agents and logistics companies to further the deliveries and projects. With their highly expert, experienced and trained staffs, they can deliver the goods in any part of the world. SR International also includes the services: 1. air freight forwarding company 2. international freight forwarders 3. ocean freight forwarder 4. shipping forwarding service The company has experience in pulling out project, water/wastewater and weighty apparatus projects, developed units and cooling towers. Other than cargo services, they also take care of the cargo assurance as well credentials necessities of clients. SR International Logistics Inc. 2525 16th Street #208 Denver CO 80211 Tel: 001-720-855-3115 Fax: 001-720-855-6464 Email: email protected 1 http://www.srinternational.com/ Print 2 Vote Contact seller 3 Share 4 References ^ email protected (cloudflare.com) ^ Printer Friendly and PDF (www.printfriendly.com) ^ Contact seller (tuffclassified.com) ^ Share (tuffclassified.com)
- A. Gordon Clark, retired trucking executive, dies at 90 Theresa Clift Automotive News September 5, 2012 - 2:12 pm ET CHAGRIN FALLS, Ohio -- Longtime truck manufacturing executive A. Gordon Clark, who played major sales roles at Freightliner and Detroit Diesel in the 1980s and 1990s, died Sept. 2. He was 90. Clark joined Daimler-Benz AG as a consultant in 1980 and was later appointed senior vice president of sales and marketing for Daimler s newly acquired truck unit, Freightliner Corp. In 1989, Clark joined Penske Corp. to help re-establish its Detroit Diesel unit as a leader in heavy-duty truck engines in North America. Clark retired from Penske in 2005 at age 83.
- AB Volvo Evaluates the Possibility of Divesting Volvo AeroAs a step in further streamlining the Volvo Group towards commercial vehicles, AB Volvo has initiated a process aimed at divesting Volvo Aero.
- Acumen wins first deal with GM Acumen Automotive Logistics has revealed it is now responsible for Zone 2 new vehicle distribution for Chevrolet, comprising of the Midlands, North Wales and Northern England, following a reorganisation by parent company GM late last year. After Gefco and Autologic announced last month that both were winners in the UK-wide reorganisation of Chevrolet’s supply chain, Acumen says it will now complete the line-up moving between 5,000 and 10,000 vehicles a year. The three-year contract, handled by the subsidiary of Acumen Logistics Group, is the first between Acumen and GM and will see vehicles collected from Royal Portbury Dock near Bristol.
- Administrators appointed at Quantum Automotive Insolvency practitioners SFP have been appointed as administrators to South-West vehicle logistics firm Quantum Automotive (which trades as Quantum Automotive Services ). The appointment of administrators Simon Plant and Daniel Plant of SFP on 31 January comes as the assets of sister-firm Sensible Transport were acquired by Autologic last week after falling into administration with debts of almost £1m. Autologic commercial director Mark Hindley says of that deal that Sensible Transport is a natural fit. “It’s complementary to our business as they carry out the same activities as us and have a niche within the [rental] fleets market,” he explains. All of Sensible’s assets have been transferred to Autologic and the firm is in talks with Sensible’s customers. It remains to be seen exactly how Sensible Transport will be integrated into Autologic, but former Sensible MD Roger Bastable will be retained in the business, Hindley adds. The firm, which employs 67 people and has an annual turnover of approximately £8m, was sold to Autologic by administrators SFP for an undisclosed sum in a deal signed on Wednesday (1 February). SFP’s Daniel and Simon Plant were appointed joint administrators on 26 January. Plant says Sensible had experienced cashflow difficulties. Sensible merged with Quantum a year ago. Quantum's contract with Toyota has reverted back to Autologic.
- Air Freight Services - Important for Time-Sensitive Shipments Air Freight Providers employ very common methodologies to ship freight items using cargo planes. Individuals and businesses make use of air freight services frequently. For companies, they benefit tremendously from air freight services as it allows them to ship time sensitive products faster and they can ship large and awkward items. With an air freight service, you may ship all sorts of items such as vehicles, appliances, home furnishings, very big manufacturing equipment, giant size packages of things which are heavy, electronics, foodstuffs, and far more. These special cargo planes are designed to carry a whole host of items that vary in size, quantity, weight, and shape. Cargo airplanes are designed to hold nearly any type of cargo, no matter the amount, dimension, weight, and shape. Air freight services provide skilled and dependable shipping processes which are designed to make sure safety is maintained and to have the objects arrive at the scheduled time of delivery. The delivery service involves extensive logistical community throughout the world to make sure a strict chain of custody is maintained. The cargo planes used to ship the items are designed for maximum occupancy and safety. These special cargo planes can carry cargo of various weights and sizes. They utilize tools to load and unload the cargo on the plane. Even the flooring is geared up with special electrical rollers to make loading the cargo easier. Cargo which can be shipped on cargo planes are usually too big or too cumbersome to carry by flat bed truck. Companies will choose this shipping method if they need to get the merchandise to a destination in a lot faster manner than by road. Air freight services encompass secure loading of the cargo, proper and safe holding of the cargo on the aircraft, supply of the cargo to its scheduled destination, and efficient customer assistance and cargo tracking. For worldwide air freight companies, the company takes care of all of the paper work required for transporting items internationally. When shipping cargo utilizing air freight providers, it's essential to make use of a dependable and established air freight services firm who has a history of providing quality and professional service. When you use the services of an air freight provider: you'll profit from the company having the ability to deal with numerous and awkward shipments that can be heavy and quite big. The cargo will likely be delivered in a secure and in one piece in addition to arriving on-time. You will also be capable of buying insurance for your financial protection in the event of a critical event like an airplane crash. For time- delicate and distinctive cargo, air freight providers is probably the most environment friendly delivery option. Right now, there are selections of professional and respected air freight service companies which can be found online. You are able to do a web-based search to find a list of air freight services in your area. They concentrate on shipping freight by air so they may have the ability to deal with all your transport needs. If you should need to ship freight rapidly and effectively, consider the advantages of an air freight service. Looking for an excellent air freight 1 or courier service ? As Canada's largest courier company, they offer the best products and delivery service 2 to ensure your shipments get where they need to be quickly, for the right price. References ^ freight (www.purolator.com) ^ delivery service (www.purolator.com)
- All is Set for Murrieta Food Truck Fest - Murrieta, CA Patch The names are catchy and the menu items tempting. The city of Murrieta had to get special permission to hold its first food truck festival Saturday at Town Square Park, but that did not deter organizers. Currently, Riverside County is the only in Southern California where food trucks are not permitted to operate. The county has banned the mobile vendors for decades over concerns about public health, Lake Elsinore-Wildomar Patch recently reported. 1 However, the county allows food trucks which are becoming ever popular among families and foodies alike for special events. In June, crowds flocked to the city of Riverside's 2nd annual Food Truck Festival. The food trucks were parked in a fenced off area at Third and Market streets, and by most media accounts the event was well attended. On Oct. 6, Pechanga also hosted a food trucks festival. 2 Murrieta was required to obtain a health permit for its premiere event, city Special Events Coordinator Laura Frasso told Patch. The permit allowed them to book between 10 and 20 trucks; their line-up Saturday includes 15 trucks. Vendors slated include Chubby's Food Truck, Bitchin' Burgers and Slow Cal BBQ. Many hail from San Diego. Because it was foreign territory for city, Frasso said they contracted with a company that has experience in organizing food truck festivals. All the vendors were vetted, she said, and must adhere to Riverside County health and food service standards. (A pdf of frequently asked questions about the Murrieta Food Truck Fest is attached to this article.) The Murrieta Food Truck Fest 3 takes place from noon to 5 p.m. at Town Square Park 4 , near City Hall, the Police Department and the Senior Center off Jefferson Avenue and Juniper Street. Admission is $10; the proceeds go toward purchasing equipment for the city's Youth Center. Frasso said items needed for the Youth Center, which is being constructed at California Oaks Sports Park 5 , include a pool table, TVs and video game consoles. Food at Saturday's event must be purchased separately. Additionally, BrewLigion is hosting a beer garden at the event for an extra charge. Guests must be 21 or older to enter the beer garden. References ^ Lake Elsinore-Wildomar Patch recently reported. (lakeelsinore-wildomar.patch.com) ^ On Oct. 6, Pechanga also hosted a food trucks festival. (www.pechanga.com) ^ Murrieta Food Truck Fest (murrieta.patch.com) ^ Town Square Park (murrieta.patch.com) ^ which is being constructed at California Oaks Sports Park (murrieta.patch.com)
- ALTERNATIVE FUELS / LNG * Europe* Spain - NGVA Europe is developing a network of stations on major LNG Madrid,Spain - Truck and Business, by Claude Yvens -4 March 2012: -- In long distance transport, liquefied natural gas (LNG) emerges as a viable alternative to diesel. The distribution of this fuel, however, is poorly developed, ...
- American Axle & Manufacturing Reports Third Quarter of 2011 Financial ResultsAnnounces 2012 - 2014 New Business Backlog of $1.1 Billion Detroit, Michigan, October 28, 2011 -- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AAM), which is traded as AXL on the NYSE, today reported ...
- And yet MORE 2012 Dakar Rally news..this time from Toyota on Biglorryblog...you'll believe a pick-up can fly! Don't you find that Dakar Rally stories are a bit like buses? You wait for ages then a whole load of them come along at once. Be that as it may word reaches BLB that Toyota HiLux has completed a dream run in the world's toughest off-road race, achieving a podium finish in the 2012 Dakar rally. The double-cab petrol HiLux clinched third spot in the gruelling endurance event after two weeks of competition in the wilds of Argentina , Chile and Peru . As if you needed telling the Dakar is the ultimate automotive endurance test with this year's rally covering 8,300km, including 4,200km of special competitive stages through some of the toughest terrain in the world. The Toyota Motorsport HiLux was prepared by the Imperial Toyota team and piloted by South African Giniel De Villiers and German co-driver Dirk von Zitzewitz. Toyota HiLux also finished in outright sixth and 11th place. Moreover, in the T2 production class, Toyota dominated with seven of the top eight finishers, including class victory for Spaniard Javier Foj in a Toyota LandCruiser. Toyota Australia executive director sales and marketing Matthew Callachor tells me that the result confirms the reputation of Toyota and HiLux for rugged, dependable vehicles that thrived in the toughest conditions. "Just to finish the Dakar is an achievement, so to have three HiLuxes in the top 11 placings is remarkable in an event renowned for breaking vehicles," he adds. "Success at Dakar demonstrates why Toyota HiLux has a well-deserved reputation for being 'unbreakable''." Meanwhile here are some Daka 'factoids'! Competing in the 33rd Dakar were 465 drivers and riders with 171 cars, 185 motorcycles, 76 trucks and 33 quads. The world's longest and toughest motor race consists of 14 special stages cover 4,200km of rugged terrain that includes river crossings, narrow mountain tracks, spectacular canyons, dry river beds and sand dunes. It includes a high-altitude crossing of the Andes from Argentina into Chile at 4,700 metres above sea level and temperatures as high as 45 degrees Centigrade in the dry and arid Atacama Desert in Chile . The competition stages are linked by 4,100km on normal roads.
- Auto and truck makers urge stability for Europe The European Automotive Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA) is calling on European leaders to take urgent action to secure a stable economic environment in which businesses of all sizes can be confident about creating jobs and investing in a strong future for Europe. Europe’s increasing instability risks both the European and the global economy. To secure growth and prosperity in our region, European leaders must act in concert in the best interests of their citizens. It is especially important that confidence in the Eurozone is restored, according to the ACEA. The chief executives of the ACEA members have met in Brussels for a scheduled board meeting of the association. A substantial delegation of CEOs then participated in a meeting of the CARS21 High-level Group, hosted by European Commission Vice President Antonio Tajani (DG Industry & Enterprise). The CEOs used this opportunity to stress the importance of securing Europe’s economic future and enhancing the prospects for its peoples. Europe’s future In its fifty years of existence, the European Union has made impressive progress in improving the region’s global competitiveness. The Union has created a single market, removed border restrictions, lowered administrative hurdles, promoted greater efficiency in business and established Europe as a major economic block in the world. The Euro has further spurred economic activity across the Union and anchored Europe’s position on the global stage. The stability of the European economy, however, is increasingly threatened by the persistent differences within the Eurozone. There is an urgent need for leadership and action to solve the Eurozone’s problems, most notably the sovereign debt issue. The region’s economic and fiscal governance must be improved and appropriate support mechanisms put in place. Deficiencies that were not addressed at the time of the creation of the euro must now be dealt with swiftly and decisively. Industrial policy Europe’s economic recovery and the region’s ability to cope with renewed instability will to a large extent depend on the continued resilience of its manufacturing industries. A sound economy needs a robust manufacturing base, as that is where many jobs are provided and future growth secured. The automobile industry, in particular, is a strategic sector for Europe and this position must be reflected in the Union’s industrial policy, as well as in its trade relations and transport policies.
- Auto Expo 2012 in Delhi, India – Are You There Asks Tachoblog, Paccar Are… Auto Expo 2012 has been running at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India since the 7th January and closes on 11th January. DAF are exhibiting this CF85. AutoExpo 2012 is the largest automotive show in India. Dan Sobic, Paccar executive vice president explained to Tachoblog why they’re there, “India is one of the largest and fastest growing truck markets in the world. Now click below for more on Paccar at Auto Expo 2012… “The Auto Expo 2012 event offers an excellent opportunity to exhibit our industry-leading DAF product to Indian commercial vehicle customers.” The DAF CF being displayed at Auto Expo 2012 is equipped with a Paccar PX-6 180-horsepower engine and an Asia MotorWorks (AMW) tipper body. “DAF vehicles are successful due to their excellent reliability, efficiency and high standard of driver comfort,” Don Schulte, managing director Paccar in India told Tachoblog. “The Auto Expo 2012 offers Paccar the opportunity to meet with potential customers, dealers and suppliers.” Auto Expo 2012 in Delhi, India – Are You There Asks Tachoblog, Paccar Are… is a post from: Tachoblog
- AutoCom Teams With Global Agency Group -- Automotive PRDETROIT, Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoCom Associates, a Michigan-based public relations firm specializing in automotive and high-tech communications, has signed a partnership agreement with Automotive ...
- Automobile sales on an upward swing for 2011… Trucks and SUVs lead the wayThe economy is still a wreck and the unemployment rate is still hovering around 9% but despite all of that the automotive industry seems to be making gradual gains with trucks and SUVs leading the way for most auto makers. John Humphrey, senior vice president of global automotive operations at J.D. Power and Associates was
- Automotive Freight Forwarder Wins Chevrolet UK Distribution Rights ...Automotive Freight Forwarder Wins Chevrolet UK Distribution Rights. Bristol Dock will be Hub for US Wheels. back email print news archive. UK – Freight forwarder GEFCO UK , recently named both UK Automotive Logistics ...
- Automotive Helpful hints O2 SensorsGenerally, O2 sensors, in any other case recognised as lambda sensors, are mechanisms which might be utilized to gauge the quantity of oxygen during the here gas or the liquid currently being analyzed. At present, certainly one of the most prevalent utilizes is in automotive purposes where exactly t ...
- Automotive news center: How To Haulage Theft on the Increase TruckPol statistics show that more than 2,500 heavy goods vehicles are stolen every year. Home office figures put HGV theft at closer to 3,000 per year with only a 12% recovery rate. It is the smaller firms which are being hit the hardest by the rise in vehicle theft. Half of the total vehicle thefts were reported by companies which employ ten staff or less. These are the operators which are least able to absorb the costs brought on by such thefts. The current economic situation appears to be forcing up the theft of vehicles and their loads. There is a common pattern of HGV's being stolen for their loads, the vehicles are then stripped down for their saleable parts with the rest being sold as scrap, or else the entire vehicle is shipped abroad with falsified identity. There is a high demand for parts and even complete vehicles in developing countries. The Police research group (PRG) reports that certain manufacturer brands are being targeted much more than others.When the number of thefts are broken down per manufacturer it has been shown that Iveco Ford, Bedford, Leyland Daf, and Mercedes are the most popular for criminal activity. Together tippers, flat-beds, drop-sides and goods vehicles account for 80% of the vehicles stolen, with the tippers lorries by themselves accounting for 30%. The construction and Haulage sectors of the industry are being hit the hardest by vehicle theft. For vehicle crime a third of reported thefts of HGV's were from the operators own premises, while half of all HGV's stolen were taken while parked on Industrial estates. Another area of concern is the rising trend for fuel theft. In March 2011 the Road Haulage Association (RHA) petitioned its members with a survey asking for the details of any fuel theft which had occurred. Two thirds of the haulage firms which responded had been the victim of fuel theft in the past 12 months. The average amount stolen was up to 600 litres or around £700 pounds worth, although some thefts were as high as 2,500 litres or £3000. Much of the reported criminal activity was occurring overnight in lay-bys, lorry parks, and even the operators own premises. This together with the increased risk of battery theft from premises due to the rising value of lead means that haulage operators need to be extremely vigilant at all times and ensure their staff are following the recommended safe practices.
- Awful Pink Mitsubishi Box Truck Designed To Get Women Into ... S The automotive graveyard is filled with attempts to capture women buyers. Some are tacky, others are just called the Volkswagen Eos and capture that market on their own. That's not stopping Mitsubishi Fuso from trying to bring more women into the commercial truck market with the new Canter Eco Hybrid Canna concept. Of course, it's pink. Even though there were apparently 9 women on the planning team, the theme of the Canna concept is "cute" and "comfort," because that's what Fuso thinks is going to get more women into the commercial truck industry. We get that they've tried to make it cute, but how is it more comfortable? Color-coordinated plastic mirror caps don't scream comfort and a white interior makes me think it's harder to clean. So, no, not comfortable at all. The yellow on the tires is at least interesting, though. Still, this probably isn't the way to sell women on the idea they suddenly need a commercial truck because it's painted like a prop from a children's TV show. Perhaps they should just ask VW instead of reading archival data about the Dodge La Femme 1 . Photo: Mitsubishi Fuso References ^ Dodge La Femme (jalopnik.com)
- Black Bear Hits Man's Truck, Dies on Naugy Border - Naugatuck, CT ... OXFORD - George Muttick was almost home Wednesday night when something massive struck the rear passenger side of his Chevy 2500 pickup truck, nearly tipping the automobile. Muttick jumped out of the driver s seat, looked around and saw a sight he never expected: a 250-pound black bear dead on the side of the Hunters Mountain Road near the Naugatuck border in Oxford. I ve hit deer before, and I knew right away this was no deer when it struck, he said. This thing tipped my truck pretty good. Muttick, a 24-year-old aircraft electrician at Sikorsky and a volunteer Oxford firefighter, saw fur sticking out of the rear wheel well and blood on the side of the truck bed, but no other damage. He immediately called 911. State police arrived at 7:27 p.m. and called officials from the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection to check on the bear. Muttick said officials estimated the bear weighed up to 250 pounds. It was not tagged, meaning it had not come in contact with any state or federal regulatory agencies in the past. Muttick, who was not injured, lives just a few houses away from where the incident occurred. He said he s heard of bobcats and people discussing mountain lions in the area, but hasn t heard about bears before. He s never seen one and certainly never hit one. Asked if he was shocked by the incident, Muttick said, Well I certainly never expected that a bear would try to jump in the bed of my truck. The bear has been sent away to be gutted; the outside remains will be sent to a tannery. The DEEP has given the bear to Muttick, like they would if he hit a deer or another animal. It ll make a nice rug, he said. It will certainly make for one heck of a story. Note: This link goes to a DEEP fact sheet on black bears. 1 References ^ Note: This link goes to a DEEP fact sheet on black bears. (www.ct.gov)
- BMW – 100 years of manufacturing BMW, or the Bavarian Motor Works, to give it its full title, is a famous luxury car maker, headquartered in Munich, Bavaria
BMW s been in business for nearly 100 years, founded as they were in 1917 as a car, motorbike and engine manufacturer
They now rate as one of the most successful and desirable automotive brands
BMW also own Rolls-Royce and the MINI brand, and as well as their own BMW car and motorbike brand, the company has seen some impressive sales of the MINI and Rolls-Royce models in recent years, too
Their stable is an impressive one, and at the moment it is going from strength to strength
Part of the big German three that also includes Audi and Mercedes-Benz, BMW export to over 140 countries world wide and have built well over 1,000.000 MINI models in the UK
And the MINI factories look set to get even bigger as the next and new range of MINI models are planned
Rolls-Royce is also celebrating the recent launch of their new 2-door coupe model, called the Wraith, which promises to be the fastest Rolls-Royce ever built
It looks wonderful, too
Whilst the MINI brand speaks for itself in terms of sales success and public fondness, BMW have long been making the kind of cars that earn their admiration through quiet confidence and quality of workmanship
Yes, they are relatively expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for in terms of engineering, innovation, safety and economy
The famous 3 Series, for example, has for a very long time been near or at the top of the mid-size executive sales charts, with its blend of understated design, badge-respect and driving performance
BMW also make some of the most powerful and economical diesel engines of any of the major manufacturers, and it s these fun yet frugal engines that are very important to the average fleet car user
The BMW 5 Series is another one of their sales success stories; a little bigger and more expensive that the 3 Series, but still fun to drive and still a very classy car in which to pick up your client for that all important business meeting
First impressions count and the blue and white roundel badge of a BMW carries a lot of weight in the world of big business
These 3 and 5 Series saloon cars built for business have also worked wonders in the sportscar world, with the sometimes unassuming-looking saloons, turned into snarling track weapons, at he hands of the famous-for-fast BMW M Division
The M cars are the very fastest and most expensive of all the modern range of BMW cars, and if it carries an M badge on the boot lid then you ll know that this car is fast and luxurious
The BMW M3, for example, if one of the performance benchmarks that any car in its class is measured against
Even the greats from Audi and Mercedes would do well to pay performance respect to anything with an M badge on it
BMW don t just make cars, either
Their range of BMW motorbikes built by BMW Motorad are also up there with the very best from the rest of the world, and especially so in the adventure bike market where their sales go from strength to strength
After 100 years in the automobile industry, and with a great range of products, it looks like the next 100 years are set fair for the famous BMW badge of Bavaria
- BMW SA expands export programme 5 August 2013 BMW South Africa has expanded its export programme to facilitate increased production and will export its BMW 3 Series from Maputo in Mozambique, in addition to shipping from the Durban port. "BMW South Africa has increased its production output with the introduction of a third shift, which was implemented towards the end of last year," BMW South Africa managing director, Bodo Donauer, said in a statement last week. "Our overall annual production figure will increase from around 50 000 units per year to more than 80 000 units in 2013. The number of vehicles exported from South Africa will also more than double from 33 000 units to over 70 000 vehicles per year. "In line with this increase in volumes, we have had to look carefully at our export logistics and using Maputo in conjunction with our existing export supply chain in Durban makes sound business sense," Donauer said. About 14 000 vehicles will be exported from the Maputo car terminal each year. Exports through Durban will also increase by approximately 20 000 vehicles - an increase of over 60% on current levels. "We have aligned our service offering of road freight logistics, clearing and forwarding and terminal services with the customs requirements of South Africa and Mozambique to provide an integrated process from the BMW vehicle distribution centre in Rosslyn to on-board the vessel in Maputo," said Group Business Development executive at Grindrod Freight Services, Walter Grindrod. Grindrod is responsible for BMW South Africa's road freight logistics, as well as serving as the private operator of the Maputo car terminal concession. "We have run trials to test the system and are confident the export route is sound. Going forward, we expect two shipments per month to take place with these export vehicles destined for markets in Japan and other parts of the East," Grindrod said. Transport and logistics have long presented a challenge for South African automotive manufacturers, and the use of the Maputo terminal is envisaged to improve existing supply-chain corridors. "To play on a world stage, we need to ensure we are competitive in all elements of the manufacturing process including supply chain and logistics," Donauer said. "The decision to use Maputo is the first step in ensuring the development of a robust, well thought out and competitive logistics network, which includes access via multiple SADC Southern African Development Community ports and can easily incorporate sea, rail and road freight. "The idea of a southern African development community is the ultimate vision for the type of supply chain needed to fully service South African manufacturers," he said. SAinfo reporter
- BorgWarner Presents Championship Driver's And Team Owner's ... AUBURN HILLS, Mich BorgWarner presented Dario Franchitti with his third BorgWarner Championship Driver s Trophy(TM) during the 2013 Automotive News World Congress held in Detroit, Michigan, on January 16. Known as the Baby Borg, the personal keepsake sports a sterling silver visage of the 2012 Indianapolis 500 winner, a duplicate of the image displayed on the prestigious and historic Borg-Warner Trophy(TM). Team owner Chip Ganassi also accepted a BorgWarner Championship Team Owner s Trophy(TM), his fourth since 2000. As a special honor, Parnelli Jones was presented with a Baby Borg commemorating the 50(th) anniversary of his Indianapolis 500 victory in 1963. From the turbochargers that boost every engine in the IZOD IndyCar Series to the prestigious Borg-Warner Trophy, we are proud to be part of a century-long tradition of achievement, competitive performance and technology leadership at the Indianapolis 500, said Timothy M. Manganello, Executive Chairman, BorgWarner. Dario, Chip and Parnelli are part of an elite group of champions who have made the trip to Victory Lane not once, but several times. We are pleased to present these prestigious symbols of their achievement. SOURCE: BorgWarner Inc.
- Breaker breaker one-nine, trucking jobs dying on ... With a fleet of some 60 trucks, Ottawa County-based Luther Logistics is primed to expand. If only it could find the drivers. I could put four or five people in a truck today, said Jordan Luther, the firm s owner and operations manager. It used to be that we would get four or five people a week in here looking for jobs. Now we are lucky if we get two a month. The story is much the same at E.L. Hollingsworth & Co., a freight company based near Flint with about 600 drivers, about evenly split between owner operators and company drivers. Marketing manager Scott McNiel estimates the firm could hire 50 more drivers if it could find qualified candidates. The irony is not lost on McNiel that even in a tough economy in a blue-collar state, truck driving jobs often go begging. Everybody wants to have a local job where they are home every night. That s not going to happen. If projections are right, the squeeze is destined to tighten in the years ahead. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor, national demand for truck drivers is projected to rise by 330,000 jobs by 2020. In 2012, it calculated there were 1.6 million tractor-trailer and heavy-truck drivers in the United States, including 48,220 in Michigan. In 2012, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce surveyed some 30 West Michigan trucking firms and manufacturers to assess transportation priorities. Nearly all cited the need for more qualified truck drivers. This is one of the top concerns across the board, said Josh Lunger, the chamber s public policy coordinator. Right now it is a problem. But it is going to be much worse of a problem in two or three years. Analysts say the shortage affects more than trucking, an industry that employs 180,000 in Michigan, according to the Michigan Trucking Association. It also raises the cost of doing business for manufacturers by slowing deliveries and increasing supply chain wait times. In the long run, that limits job growth and passes on higher costs to consumers. In 2012, analysis by research firm R.W. Baird said that driver shortages were limiting truck capacity and helping push up freight rates by 2 percent to 5 percent. Michigan State University Charles Ballard said any snag in the supply line can be costly to manufacturers. In manufacturing industries where you are trying to get as close as you can to just-in-time production, even a small mess-up in the supply chain can cause big problems, Ballard said. With the growth of trucking, trucks ever since the 1920s have been very important to the American supply chain. If there is a problem with trucking, that s a problem for the whole economy. Richard Bouwma, director of materials for Plastic Plates, a division of Kent County-based Lacks Enterprises, said it is getting tougher to find reliable delivery of its automotive parts products. It uses a variety of firms to ship anywhere from Canada to Mexico. In the past when we had a delivery to make, it was, No problem, we ll get it done. Now we are hearing, We don t have a driver available for that particular route. While frustrating, Bouwma said it has not added to expenses yet. My concern is that three years from now, if we don t have drivers available, capacity is going to be limited. Prices are going to go up. That s our concern down the line. The shortage stems from a confluence of factors that include an aging work force, regulations that limit driver hours and an improving economy that is increasing the demand for freight while making jobs like construction look more attractive next to driving a truck. Part of it is demand and part of it is supply, said Walter Heinritzi, executive director of the Michigan Trucking Association. As the population is getting older, we are getting a lot of retirements in individuals. It s very difficult to find quality people to replace them. That may due in part to wages. While some drivers earn well above $50,000, the average truck driver in Michigan in 2012 earned $18.45 an hour with an annual wage of $38,370, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That may sound attractive next to a $12-an-hour manufacturing job. But new applicants first must foot the cost of truck-driving school to earn their commercial driving license often $4,000 or more and then face the prospect they may be gone from home days or weeks at a time. It s just a tough sell for many people, Heinritzi said. William Berenbrock, vice president of Kent County-based trucking firm WB Haulers & Storage, said inexperienced drivers are virtually forced to take jobs with national trucking firms that require drivers to be on the road for weeks at a time. That s because local trucking firms often require two years of experience to keep insurance premiums down. People don t find that out until after they graduate from trucking school. Then they find out they have to work for a company and be gone for four to eight weeks. That is hard on a family and hard on a marriage, he said. Driver turnover reflects that. According to the National Trucking Association, the annualized turnover rate in 2012 for line haul trucking firms exceeded 100 percent. That means the typical driver lasted less than one year. Berenbrock said he would like to expand his business with the purchase of three new trucks. But that s on hold until I can find three new drivers. There s nothing coming down the pipeline. New federal regulations may add to the shortage as well. Driver-safety rules that went into effect July 1 mean that truckers cannot drive more than 70 hours in seven days. Truckers had been allowed to drive 82 hours under the former rules. With truckers logging fewer miles, that adds to the need for more drivers. McNiel of E.L. Hollingsworth believes freight companies must do a better job marketing truck driving as a career, then give drivers a reason to stay. You can t just throw money at the problem, he said. The culture here is that we want you to think of this as a place to stay. McNiel said his firm offers drivers a benefits package that includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, a 401K plan and paid vacation days after one year. It is also training non-driver employees to value the contributions of its drivers. The one out there providing the service is the driver. It s a whole culture shift so everyone is aware of that. Ted Roelofs worked for the Grand Rapids Press for 30 years, where he covered everything from politics to social services to military affairs. He has earned numerous awards, including for work in Albania during the 1999 Kosovo refugee crisis.
- British Haulage Companies: Eddie Stobart | Suite101.com A brief guide to the operations and locations of the British haulage company, Eddie Stobart, formally Stobart Group PLC. From a business perspective, Eddie Stobart is a third party logistics company (3PL) providing a variety of services from road haulage, in its trademark liveried lorries to warehousing and storage. Despite the industrial nature of the company, Eddie Stobart has captured the imagination of the nation and the company has a dedicated core of fans who travel the country to see the fleet in action. The Eddie Stobart phenomenon has not only seen a dedicated group of “Stobart spotters” taking to the roads. In addition, the company has its own fan club “Club Stobart” and has recently become the subject of a Channel Five TV documentary giving an insight into the operations of the company and those who work for it. Eddie Stobart – The Business Eddie Stobart is most famous for its green liveried road fleet however, this is only a part of the business. In addition to the road fleet, Stobart also operates a rail distribution network, container shipping facilities, a range of warehousing operations and recently has launched “Stobart Air.” At the time of publication, the company reported to operate over 1,850 tractor units and employs around 5,300 people. The company’s annual report for 2010 saw revenues of £447.7m and a profit before tax of £36.8m. Eddie Stobart – Were to See Eddie Stobart Trucks, Trains and Planes Eddie Stobart operates from over 40 locations in the UK, trucks and trains operate on a national basis and so can be seen around the nation. However, if looking to see a concentration of vehicles, here are some of the company’s key locations: Carlisle – This is currently the HQ location of Eddie Stobart and sees a significant concentration of the fleet based in the area. In 2006 the company had considered moving to Warrington but a commitment to the area saw the company keep its operation in Carlisle. Crick – One of the largest Eddie Stobart road haulage depots, located just off the M1 in Northamptonshire. Daventry – This is centre of the Stobart Rail network. Here trains leave for Dartford, Widnes and Grangemouth amongst other places. Widnes – This is the centre of Stobart’s “inland” container port network. Here spotters can see the transfer of containers from rail to road via storage in a yard capable of holding 6,000 sea containers. Southend Airport – Currently home to Stobart’s aviation ambitions, “Stobart Air.” Read More Automotive: Copyright Frank Smith 1 . Contact the author to obtain permission for republication. References ^ Frank Smith (frank-smith.suite101.com)
- Calling all Toyota Carina owners | First Vehicle Leasing Official Blog Do you own a Toyota Carina E? If so, then the Japanese car maker wants you to get in touch. Toyota Carina E That s because they are trying to track down the earliest surviving Carina E which was built in Britain when Toyota 1 opened its factory in Burnaston, Derbyshire, in December 1992. Incredibly, the request isn t that unusual. It s because of Toyota s commitment to quality and reliability that there are still a huge number of the cars still on the road today. Indeed, DVLA records show that some 17,000 Carina models built between 1992 and 1997 are still in regular use. To mark that achievement, Toyota 2 has launched a competition offering owners and drivers of the UK s oldest, British-built Toyotas a chance to get behind the wheel of their newest motor the all-new Auris to be launched in December. Anyone spotting a K-plate Carina E is being urged to let the owner know about the search, perhaps by simply putting a note on the windscreen telling them that Toyota would like them to get in touch. To let Toyota know about the car, the owner/driver s name, address and contact details should be emailed to Toyota at email@example.com. Owners of the oldest examples found will be invited to tell their car s story and have it photographed, and will have the chance to win use of a new Auris for a week. The British-built models are something of a success story for Toyota. By 1993, the Carina E was in full-scale production at Burnaston, beginning a long-line of saloon and hatchback production that continues today with Avensis and new Auris and Auris Hybrid. The factory s output makes a significant contribution to the current prosperity of the UK s automotive industry: last year Burnaston produced more than 128,000 vehicles, 80 per cent of which were sent for export to Europe and other world markets. References ^ lease a new toyota (www.firstvehicleleasing.co.uk) ^ leasing a new toyota car (www.firstvehicleleasing.co.uk)
- Calling all University students A recent survey suggested that University students rarely considered the motor industry for their future career. Which I was disappointed to read, knowing how much this industry needs to recruit the top talent for its future
- Camshaft Alignment Crankshaft Alignment – Automotive Specialty ToolsInside previous modifying a timing chain or timing belt only necessary basic resources to have the work done. The camshaftandcrankshaft sprockets only went on 1 way due tothe pattern that put to use a key-way whichonly allowed the pulley to go on 1 way. Alignment marks for the cam and crank had been ...
- Can GM And Ford Keep Trucking Ahead After Slower February Auto ... Quick Take U.S. auto sales slowed down in February: light truck sales registered a growth of 7.8% while the car sales remained flat Strong truck sales bode well for the profitability of the Detroit Three since they dominate the pickup segment In the long term, the automotive industry s growth rate will slow as the market size nears the pre-recession levels A closer look at February s monthly sales reveals that the American auto companies like General Motors (NYSE: GM ) and Ford Motors (NYSE: F ) stand to benefit if the current trend of strong truck sales were to continue. While the overall growth might have slowed down to 4%, light truck sales were up 7.8%. Car sales were flat, suggesting that they might be nearing their peak. Post-recession, light truck sales were battered due to a plunging housing market. Now, with construction activity recovering, their sales are witnessing a boost 1 , wsj.com]. Strong truck sales bode well for the profitability of the American auto companies since they dominate the pickup segment. Not only does that mean that the Detroit Three could steal a larger chunk of the incremental sales, but the more profitable light truck category could boost their margins as well. Going forward, you could very well see the overall automotive market driven by the light truck segment (i.e. SUVs and pickups). A 100 basis point expansion in GM s gross margins translates to about 15% gain in the stock price, as per our estimates. GM s Silverado sales surged 29%, while Ford s F-150 sales were up 15%. With GM introducing newer versions of Silverados in the summer, the company could command higher pricing for the vehicle, which will help profitability. Growth Likely To Cool Off February s monthly sales translated to about 15.4 million units on an annual basis, which is still lower than the peak of 17 million back in 2005 2 , March 4, 2013, philstar.com]. The last couple of years have been strong for the automotive industry, although the growth has come on top of a low base. Now with the total market size reaching close to the pre-recession levels, the rate of expansion will likely slow in the coming years. Historically, the total number of vehicles on the U.S. roads has shown a strong correlation with the total number of houses. It has typically stayed in a range of 2-2.1 3 vehicles per household. The historical average growth rate for the number of households has been more or less equal to adult population growth (~1.2% annually). Therefore, you can expect the total number of vehicles in the U.S. to rise by a similar rate in the long term. We have a $28 price estimate for General Motors, which is slightly ahead of the current market price. Disclosure: No positions References ^ U.S. auto sales (online.wsj.com) ^ US auto sales power ahead in February (www.philstar.com) ^ 2-2.1 (www.trefis.com)
- Canada Auto Sales By Brand - January 2012The January 2012 edition of Canada's Auto Sales By Brand post got underway with reports from Ford of Canada and Chrysler Canada. Early signs suggested a strong showing by Canada's automobile industry in the first month of 2012 as not a single one of the first 20+ brands to report posted anything clo ...
- Canada's Formula One-winning team owner to ... - Western Driver For release: August 2, 2012 Formula One racing has been around since the 1950s, and Canada has had its own Formula One race since 1967. Canada has produced several race winners and even one World Driving Champion, but there is only one man who can claim to be a Canadian Formula One team owner who actually won several races including the Canadian Grand Prix. That man is Walter Wolf, who is the Special Guest of the Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia at the 25th running of its British Columbia Historic Motor Races Saturday August 5th and Sunday August 6th at Mission Raceway Park, 70-km east of Vancouver. Wolf, a successful Slovenian-Austrian-Canadian oil entrepreneur and business man, and a Canadian citizen since 1965, started his Formula One racing team, Walter Wolf Racing, in 1975 and went on to win (something never done before or since) the very first race that it contested the Argentine Grand Prix of 1977, with future world champion Jody Scheckter as his driver. Several more race wins followed, including the Canadian Grand Prix at Mosport, also in 1977, with driver James Hunt. Wolf also supported the Canadian racing legend Gilles Villeneuve in a Can-Am effort in 1977 and supported well-known British Columbia Racing driver Kees Nierop in a challenge for the British Formula Three Championship. A part-time British Columbia resident, Wolf still maintains an interest in motor racing and has generously agreed to attend the British Columbia Historic Motor Races, where more than 100 vintage and historic racing cars will compete on track over the weekend. The BCHMR weekend is a unique experience, said event chairman Tom Johnston. There is nowhere else in British Columbia where road racing fans can get close up and personal with these wonderful machines and their drivers, and where you will see some of the world s finest race-bred marques racing for the chequered flag. For Western Canada s largest vintage motor sport event go to www.bchmr.ca 1 For more event details and enquiries, please contact Tom Johnston 604 922 2722 firstname.lastname@example.org References ^ www.bchmr.ca (www.bchmr.ca)
- Cargo Packing Services From inception over 40 years ago PK Marine thought they had seen it all, from Oil and Gas projects to the automotive industry, from packing for defence contractors to high precision pharmaceutical machines. On the 9th of July 2012 PK Marine started work on an export packing project a little out of the ordinary. Export packing of a F35, fighter jet is not something you do everyday. After numerous discussions with the prime contractor and the shipping agents, PK Marine was given the job of protecting the jet for its 4700 mile voyage from Hull to America. After our initial site induction included security checks and health and safety requirements, a 4 man team started work on the test article which is over 10 meters wide, 15 meters long and weighed over 10 tonnes. With only a small window to complete the task PK Marine finished ahead of schedule on the 12th of August. With one return trip, on the day the jet was lifted and taken to the docks our part of the shipment was complete. From initial consultation and design through to packing, warehousing and shipping, PK Marine have the skills, experience and facilities to assist with your requirement. 'Thanks Ben, all went accordingly to plan and the aircraft reached home base all wrapped safe and sound a good job all round' Account Director at lead logistics provider.
- Carlson picks up some of Quantum's assets out of administration Carlson Vehicle Transfer , part of Groupe Cat , has bought some of the remaining assets of Quantum Automotive out of administration. Quantum appointed administrators Simon Plant and Daniel Plant of SFP on 31 January just days before the assets of sister-firm Sensible Transport were acquired by Autologic after it fell into administration with debts of almost £1m. Stuart Warren, MD of Carlson, tells CM.com: “We bought a few remaining assets ad we are looking to take on a contract with one of their remaining clients.” CM.com understands that the remaining assets have been used to pay back creditors. SFP says Quantum – which had a turnover of approximately £2m per annum - entered administration after it experienced financial difficulties leading to debts of more than £2m. The difficulties were blamed on issues with Sensible Transport resulting in the loss of a major contract with Toyota. Toyata had appointed a two-year contract to Quantum for 50,000 vehicle deliveries in November 2011. The contract was reverted back to Autologic as Sensible entered administration – with Autologic buying Sensible’s assets out of administration at the same time. Simon Plant adds: “While certain parts of the automotive sector are holding up surprisingly well – especially niche component manufacturers – there is increasing competition within automotive services and distribution. “Quantum is an established brand that has simply run out of cash.” Quantum was headquartered in Almondsbury, Bristol, and had a site on the Ashmore Trading Estate in Runcorn, Cheshire.
- China North Vehicle exports of 700 million yuan to Belarus electric ... China North Vehicle exports of 700 million yuan to Belarus electric locomotivethe CNR announced that the company exports to Belarus for the first time the first two in white cargo I electric locomotive. It is reported that the total amount of the batch of electric locomotives are a total of $ 700 million All delivery vehicles will be completed in 2012. These electric locomotives by the Group under the Datong Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the same car company ) delivered to the Belarusian Union of Railways. the Republic of Belarus railway is an important railway hub to connect the Eurasian transport of goods, the need for high-end high-power electric locomotives to improve rail freight transport capacity. In March 2010, the Belarusian Union of Railways Route freight axis AC drive electric locomotive procurement to international tender. International, stand-alone traction 10,000 tons of heavy freight equipment, currently only a handful of multinational companies capable of producing. Tender compete CNR with the car company to win the Order of the contract, signed in white cargo type electric locomotive procurement contract with the Belarusian Union of Railways. 2010, China CNR have developed a 6-axis of the worlds largest single power of 9600 kilowatts of high-power heavy freight and 6-axis 7200 kilowatts of high-power freight locomotives. power cord acer aspire 1 . and a speed of 200 kilometers per hour and 4-axis 6400 kilowatts of passenger locomotives. The end of 2011, the first the Taichung white cargo electric locomotive in the same car company to complete the design and get off the train. In March of this year, the locomotive rolling during the trial period, type in white freight electric locomotive test the maximum speed to reach 125km / h to meet the design requirements of the kind, car top speed of 120 km. Gao Hua Securities released a research report pointed out that, in addition to export overseas, the demand of the domestic electric locomotive will increase. Expected in the first half of this year, the Ministry of Railways will start the upgrading of high-power electric locomotive. CNR and CSR will be re-received the orders of the Ministry of Railways power motor vehicles, which will improve the two listed companies in the second half of earnings growth and valuation recovery. Planning by the Ministry of Railways, the 12th Five-Year period, in order to meet the domestic demand for freight transport, an internal combustion engine to replace electric locomotives, manufacturer of aluminum 2 . locomotive population increased to 22,000 units in 2015 from 19,600 units in 2010, the domestic railway The electrification ratio from the current 46.4 percent to 60 percent in 2015. Tags: news 3 References ^ power cord acer aspire (www.china-steel-parts.com) ^ manufacturer of aluminum (www.china-steel-parts.com) ^ news (www.china-steel-parts.com)
- Chinese Import Growth Weakens, But Exports Are Surging ... BEIJING (AP) China's November exports accelerated but import growth slumped in a sign the recovery of the world's second-largest economy might be slowing. Exports surged 12.7 percent over a year earlier to $202.2 billion, up from October's 5.6 percent expansion, trade data showed Sunday. Imports rose 5.3 percent to $168.4 billion, but that growth was down from the previous month's 7.6 percent. China's economic growth rebounded in the three months ending in September to 7.8 percent after plunging to a two-decade low the previous quarter. But forecasters have warned that was likely to be temporary and growth would fall back late this year or early in 2014. The rebound was driven by a government mini-stimulus based on higher spending on building railways and other public works. Chinese leaders are trying to guide the economy to slower, more sustainable growth based on domestic consumption instead of exports and investment. An unexpectedly sharp decline raised the risk of politically volatile job losses and prompted them to reverse course temporarily to prop up growth. The relative strength in November exports should help to reassure communist leaders who faced the prospect of job losses in trade-dependent industries due to weak global demand. Slower Chinese growth and weaker demand would have global repercussions for suppliers of raw materials, technology and consumer goods. The import slowdown caused China's global trade surplus to widen by 73 percent to $33.8 billion over a year earlier, one of its widest trade gaps this year. China's trade surplus with the 27-nation European Union was $10.2 billion, while that with the United States was $22.4 billion. ___ General Administration of Customs of China (in Chinese): www.customs.gov.cn
- Choose A Good Road Haulage Company That Delivers Your ... Whenever we buy a heavy product for our house, office of industry the first thing that comes to our mind is will the products be delivered to us safely or not? Will they reach without any dents or marks on them? Or will they get damaged during the transportation process? To save ourselves from all this stress and worry, we can choose a road transport and haulage company that will take care of all our needs. The transportation logistics must be kept in mind before deciding upon any company. To choose a good company can be a difficult process, when there are a lot of factors to be considered. The choice of company must be right as the goods must be delivered on time and safely without any possible damages or dents. Ensure that the transport and logistics operation runs smoothly and efficiently without ay problems. When you have to choose a company then don t go with the one that offers you cheap services. Your money will be saved, but the quality won t be guaranteed. Ensure that you choose one that will give you long term value and assure a lasting and successful relationship. Before deciding upon the company, ensure that all the delivery requirements are met and the company offers good value for money. Pay careful attention to the details by asking the lorry company about their experience by what process the products will be delivered. By getting in touch with a transportation and logistics firm that is knowledgeable enough and has good experience will help you out. Seek recommendations from the previous customers, as they will definitely have something worth to share! The preferred firm must be professional, flexible and reliable. Ask in advance where you can get information about the number of vehicles used and whether there occurs any damage on the road or not. The selected road transport and haulage 1 company must be efficient enough to make necessary changes when the situation demands. If there are any logistics needs, increase in delivery products etc. it must be checked in advance. Ensure that the payment terms and conditions are mutually agreed upon, before you sign on the dotted line. Check if the company provides insurance cover or not. To ensure safe delivery of your products this is the only way out and this will save you from a lot of hassles too. Choose the best company that offers you the best possible prices. References ^ road transport and haulage (www.ambracewell.co.uk)
- Chris Tappin: Beef Casserole, Jeremy Clarkson and President ...Mr Tappin used to own a freight forwarding company. In 2006 Briton Robert Gibson, a British client, hired the company to ship five industrial batteries from Texas to an automotive company in Amsterdam. Gibson was being watched by the FBI.
- Chris Tappin: British man extradited to U.S. over absurd FBI stingWell Mr Tappin used to own a freight forwarding company, Brooklands International. In 2006, Robert Gibson, a British client, asked him to ship five industrial batteries at a cost of $25000 from Texas to an automotive company ...
- Chrysler Woos Volkswagen Owners with Cash-Back Offer - Driver's ... By Christina Rogers Chrysler Group LLC, a company known for marketing big pickups and Hemi engines, is making play for a new type of customer those happy to drive around with a flower holder affixed to their dash. Starting this month, Chrysler is offering $1,000 cash back to customers who have a vehicle made by Volkswagen AG. VW, of course, is the European at-times bitter rival of Chrysler s majority owner, Fiat SpA. The German auto maker also produces a dramatically different fleet of vehicles than Chrysler sporty, German-engineered cars, diesels, and the Beetle, which until recently came with a flower holder on the dash. Chrysler s offer, which was first reported by Automotive News, is unusual among auto incentive programs. To be eligible for the discount, customers don t even have to trade in or give up their VW vehicles, merely prove that they ve owned or leased one in at least 30 days before getting the new Chrysler. The one exception: VW s Routan minivan, which is built in same plant as the Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan. The program started this week at dealerships nationwide and runs through Jan. 2. It s good on a lengthy list of Chrysler models, including Ram pickups and versions of the new 2013 Dodge Dart. Not surprisingly, the SRT Viper supercar isn t on that list. A Chrysler spokesman said the company periodically does promotions that target a specific manufacturing, including one recently on Toyota Motor Corp. pickups and sport-utility vehicles. The company also introduced the new 2013 Dodge Dart compact this summer, the spokesman said. We feel it will appeal to VW owners, he said. Still, some dealers say they re baffled by the move, mostly because they don t see a lot of cross shopping between the two car makers. In 2012, 1.9 percent of all Chrysler buyers traded-in a VW, according to TrueCar.com. If we trade in about one VW a month, that s a lot, said John Morrill, a Chrysler dealer in Franklin, Mass. His dealership, however, plans to take advantage of the $1,000 offer. In its next round of direct mailings sent to customers, it plans to expand its list to include VW owners specifically, Mr. Morrill said. Chrysler has made an impressive comeback since 2009, ranking among the industry s fastest-growing auto makers in 2011. This year, its sales have climbed 21.8% to 1.5 million vehicles at the end of November. But Volkswagen, too, has also reported some big gains. Through November, its sales were up 35% to 394,129 vehicles, thanks in part to the success of its redesigned Passat sedan. We are glad to see we are on our competitor s radar, a VW spokesman said, when asked about Chrysler s new offer. And yet, the rivalry between VW and Chrysler s parent Fiat is nothing new in Europe, where the two car makers are both dominant players in the market. This summer, for instance, Fiat-Chrysler Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne accused VW of stoking a price war in Europe that s contributed to steep industry losses there. VW quickly fired back, asking Mr. Marchionne s to resign as head of the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, the industry s top lobbying group on the continent. I really don t think there s a connection, Mr. Vazin said, adding that in the U.S., VW is still a relatively small brand aspiring to grow bigger. In Europe, it s the no. 1 auto maker. A Chrysler spokesman declined comment on a possible link, adding that it s only speculation.
- CORE autosport launches GT Porsche program | The Alley: Trackside Back-to-back American Le Mans Series PC class champions CORE autosport will take on an additional challenge in 2013 with a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GTE class assault headlined by Porsche factory star, Patrick Long and three-time Le Mans class winner, Tom Kimber-Smith. The new entry will be in addition to the team s confirmed return to the PC class where team owner/driver Jon Bennett and young star Colin Braun are targeting CORE s third consecutive championship. After showcasing its talents with two championship victories in two years in prototype competition, CORE now becomes a Porsche customer team in 2013. CORE autosport has obviously achieved great success in the PC class in the ALMS but we re really looking to expand our horizons and show what the team is capable of, team owner, Jon Bennett said. This has been a strategic business design by our company. Our target for 2013 is to build a strong infrastructure capable of supporting a two-car factory effort. We want to prove we are capable of being successful in GT racing and this year will be a great learning experience for us. CORE autosport will undergo an extensive test program starting after the 12 Hours of Sebring with a race debut soon to follow. Jens Walther, president of Porsche Motorsport North America, welcomed the new team to the Porsche customer team family. We are pleased the Core autosport has chosen the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR to compete in the American Le Mans Series GT class for 2013 giving us three customers teams entered in the most competitive GT race series in the world, Walther said. Jon Bennett and Morgan Brady have shown a very high level of professionalism right from our first meeting last year at Le Mans and the PMNA team is looking forward to working with the team. A Porsche factory driver since 2003, three-time ALMS GT champion and 21-time ALMS GT winner, Long is eagerly awaiting the opportunity to kickstart CORE s GT program. It is an exciting year for me. I m ready for a role of growth in 2013. It is going to be a great challenge because the GTE class has a ton of activity and a lot of manufacturer involvement. It will be about getting up to speed quickly and growing for the future, Long said. I first noticed CORE when they made their debut in Sebring 2011. Straight away you could tell that these guys were very serious. They run an efficient and successful operation and when you look at Porsche I see a lot of similarities between the two organizations. Long s new teammate Tom Kimber-Smith will return to GT action in 2013. The talented Brit has remarkably taken three Le Mans victories in only four attempts at the French classic. Last season, he dovetailed a full-season with P2 competitor Greaves Motorsport in the European Le Mans Series (ELMS) with four races, four podiums and a victory for CORE autosport in the ALMS. He also scored his third victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans after being drafted into the race-winning HPD LMP2 squad. I can t wait to get started. As soon as I heard about this program I knew it was something I wanted to be a part of, Kimber-Smith said. This has all come together really quickly and I am sure the time between now and when we make our race debut will go by very quickly. I am really excited about being in the ALMS on a full-time basis. I don t think there is another championship in the world quite like it.
- Cranberry Police to Get Trucking with New Ford F-150 - Cranberry ... Cranberry s fleet of police vehicles is getting a new look. At Thursday s Board of Supervisors meeting, officials approved purchasing a Ford F-150 truck for the Cranberry Police Department 1 to replace its 2007 Ford Expedition. The truck will cost $28,780, which Cranberry Sgt. Chuck Mascellino said is about the same cost as a new sports utility vehicle. The department typically replaces its vehicles once they reach more than 100,000 miles, Mascellino said. As for why the department chose to go with a truck instead of another SUV, the answer is simple more room. Mascellino said the bed in the pickup truck would give officers more ability to haul bikes, dogs cages, vehicle parts and other items In the past, officers have used their personal vehicle, or gotten the township s public works department to assist them, when they were unable to load items into their police vehicles. Police cruisers are filled almost to capacity with computers, a prisoner partition and other equipment, according to Public Safety Director Jeff Schueler. The one thing we have lacked is the ability to haul certain items, Mascellino said. Even in an SUV, you don t have room to haul something like a bike, Mascellino said the truck also has more room in the interior compared to an SUV. Cranberry would be one of the first departments in the area to utilize the pickup truck as a police vehicle. Franklin Township in Beaver County also has a Ford F-150 for its police department and Mascellino said Cranberry has received positive feedback on it from Franklin officers. Several other employees of the township also have them as personal vehicles, he said. The Ford-150 will be ordered by the end of the month. Once the truck is outfitted for the department, it could be on the road by early fall, Mascellino said. The truck may also be reused in Cranberry when the police department readies to replace it in the future. Mascellino said the F-150 could be transferred to the township s parks and recreation or public works for use by those departments. We do have a lot of second life for our vehicles, Mascellino said. They ve been well maintained throughout the first 100,000 miles we use them. Cranberry supervisors also authorized the police department to buy two Dodge Charges to replace two of the department s older Ford Crown Victorias. The cost for the two Chargers is $55,070. Mascellino noted Ford stopped making Crown Victorias last year. After officers test-drove both the Chevy Caprice and the Charger as possible replacements, the department decided to go with the Charger again because of space. It really is a tight fit, Mascellino said of the Caprice. The Chargers have a little bit more room. Thoughts on the police department getting a Ford F-150 and Chargers? Share them in the comment section below. Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter 2 3 Check out some of today's other top stories here. 4 References ^ Cranberry Police Department (cranberry.patch.com) ^ Facebook (www.facebook.com) ^ Twitter (twitter.com) ^ other top stories here. (cranberry.patch.com)
- Customs Brokers HW St. John & Company Announce Ways to Make Inter...HW St. John & Company help pre arrange for goods to be passed through customs as well as get proper documentation ahead of time to allow companies to meet their needed specific dates and times.
- DAF Truck Displayed at Delhi AutoExpoPACCAR is showcasing its premium DAF CF truck at the Delhi AutoExpo, the largest automotive show in India. “India is one of the largest and fastest growing truck markets in the world.
- DAF Trucks announces Apprentices of the Year 2011 The DAF Trucks National Dealer Apprentice Programme has once again honoured its graduates in a recent award ceremony held in Bristol, where the apprentice programme is based. The awards ceremony was attended by over 400 guests from across the commercial vehicle industry, including senior management from DAF Trucks, their dealers, the City of Bristol College, Skillnet and associated organisation such as the IMI, SOE and the Learning Skills Council. Ross Humphries of Watts Truck & Van – Cardiff was named as third year winner, Shane Marrows of Ford & Slater DAF in Kings Lynn awarded second year winner, while first year winner went to James Turner of Wessex DAF. Prior to the ceremony, the top ten performing apprentices from each academic year were put through their paces at DAF’s national training centre in Bristol, going head-to-head in a series of timed tasks to test their ability. A team of assessors from DAF’s training partner Skillnet and City of Bristol College were on hand to judge the competition. After Sales Services Manager for DAF Trucks, Tony Shepherd, who is responsible for the National Dealer Apprentice Programme said: “DAF is committed to the highest standards of education throughout our network and the apprentice programme allows us to ensure we are developing technicians who are fully versed in the technology of the future”. Investment in the DAF Apprentice Programme is viewed as a high priority for DAF in the UK. The full range of DAF vehicles are available at Bristol College for apprentices to work on, with the most recent addition announced at this year’s Awards – an LF Hybrid vehicle donated by Leyland Trucks. DAF apprentices attend City of Bristol College for a total of 28 weeks of training during the course of the three year programme. The course combines practical and theoretical study at college with on-the-job training at a DAF dealership. At the end of the programme successful apprentices emerge with an Advanced Apprenticeship in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. This includes an IMI Level 3 Diploma and IMI Level 3 NVQ in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Heavy Vehicles), a recognised welding certificate, and a certificate of key skills in communication and information technology. The DAF Trucks National Dealer Apprentice Programme has been in operation since 1995 and since then has trained over 1,200 apprentices. The programme is managed for DAF Trucks by Skillnet Automotive Academy with the training carried out at the City of Bristol College.
- DAF Trucks to debut in India during the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo!It’s not just new cars and bike that will be making headlines during the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo but, international truck makers like Doorne’s Aanhangwagen Fabriek (DAF) a wholly owned subsidiary of the North-American corporation PACCAR Inc. will announce their entry into the Indian commercial vehicle ...
- DAF Trucks to enter the Indian marketDoorne’s Aanhangwagen Fabriek (DAF), a wholly owned subsidiary of the North-American corporation PACCAR Inc. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality trucks will start selling its products in India. It will present its class-leading DAF CF- ...
- Daimler Celebrates 100,000th Cascadia From Plant in Mexico ... 11/30/2012 Daimler Celebrates 100,000th Cascadia From Plant in Mexico Daimler Trucks North America is celebrating the production anniversary of its plant in Saltillo, Mexico, with the 100,000th Freightliner Cascadia to roll off the floor. The plant, which was opened in 2009 after a $300 million investment, is part of the international production network of Daimler's commercial vehicle subsidiary DTNA. Saltillo can accommodate an annual production volume of up to 30,000 Freightliner Cascadia units for the Mexican domestic market and exports to Latin America, the U.S. and Canada. The Saltillo location houses the production plant, a logistics center, an administration building and a training center. DTNA's production location in northern Mexico offers benefits such as the availability of raw materials, the proximity to suppliers and customers, as well as a good connection to the road and railway network. The anniversary truck was delivered to "Grupo Mon-Ro", a Mexican fleet specializing in national and international freight operations. Events: Related News 11/30/2012 - 2013 Mid-West Truck & Trailer Show Set for Feb. 1-2 The 2013 Mid-West Truck & Trailer Show will be held Feb. 1-2 at the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, Ill. ... More > 1 11/30/2012 - Daimler Celebrates 100,000th Cascadia From Plant in Mexico Daimler Trucks North America is celebrating the production anniversary of its plant in Saltillo, Mexico, with the 100,000th Freightliner Cascadia to roll off the floor.... More > 2 11/27/2012 - Natural Gas Summit This Week The American Trucking Associations' sold-out Summit on Natural Gas in Trucking will be held this week, Nov. 28-30, featuring natural gas heavyweights such as T. Boone Pickens.... More > 3 11/22/2012 - Happy Thanksgiving! There will be no news posted on Truckinginfo.com Thursday, Nov. 22, or Friday, Nov. 23, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please feel free to browse our in-depth sections, blogs and other content.... More > 4 11/21/2012 - Frost & Sullivan Webinar to Discuss Global/Modular Platforms Frost & Sullivan will host a complimentary webinar discussing how nearly one in three heavy-duty trucks will feature platform-based lineage by 2018.... More > 5 11/21/2012 - Pine Bluff Truck and Trailer Celebrates 50 Years Pine Bluff Truck and Trailer in Pine Bluff, Ark., marked its 50th anniversary with a customer appreciation banquet honoring customers and employees. ... More > 6 11/20/2012 - Ford, Newman's Own Partner with Feeding America For the 12th consecutive year, Ford Motor Company and Newman's Own Inc. are partnering with Feeding America, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization, to donate Ford refrigerated trucks filled with Newman's Own food products. ... More > 7 11/20/2012 - Vigillo to Hold Free Webinar on Impending CSA Changes Vigillo will host complimentary webinars to discuss significant impending changes to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance, Safety, Accountability program, in particular, its Safety Measurement System.... More > 8 11/16/2012 - XRS Corp. Announces 2nd Annual XRS User Event XRS Corp. (formerly Xata) announced its second XRS User Event will be held Aug. 18-20, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis... More > 9 11/16/2012 - Webinar Scheduled to Discuss Truck Parking Issues A free webinar Dec. 6 will cover the issues surrounding the truck parking shortage and innovative ways this problem can be addressed.... More > 10 11/12/2012 - Program to Stop Human Trafficking in Colorado Kicks Off The Colorado Motor Carriers Association, Colorado Truckstop Conference, local elected and law enforcement officials will be kicking off an education and awareness campaign focused on combatting the human trafficking of underage children who are being forced to engage in prostitution. ... More > 11 11/8/2012 - Registration Open for Green Truck Summit 2013 Registration is now open for the educational forum on clean vehicle technologies, the Green Truck Summit. The Green Truck Summit kicks off the extensive educational conference at The Work Truck Show 2013 on March 5. ... More > 12 11/7/2012 - Atlas Van Lines Announced Industry Awards Atlas Van Lines, a moving company, recently announced the 2012 winners of the Milton M. Hill Quality Award, the World Class Commitment Award, and the Specialized Transportation Group Quality Award.... More > 13 11/2/2012 - Professional Truck Driver Finds Toddler Wandering in Road at 4 a.m. The Truckload Carriers Association announced that Rodney L. Smith of Plant City, Fla., has been named its latest Highway Angel. Smith, who drives for FFE Transportation Services Inc., of Lancaster, Texas, is being recognized for helping a toddler in trouble.... More > 14 11/1/2012 - CVSN Summit Offered Educational Opportunities More than 160 top-level executives and managers from the Commercial Vehicle Solutions Network member companies and their supplier partners recently attended the CVSN Summit in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. ... More > 15 11/1/2012 - Registration Opens for TMC's 2013 Annual Meeting Early-bird registration is now open for TMC's 2013 Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition, March 11-14, 2013 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Conference Center in Nashville, Tenn. ... More > 16 10/31/2012 - Volvo Trucks Furthers Technician Training Focus through Competition, Education Volvo Trucks recently kicked off the 2012-2013 VISTA program in the U.S. and Canada. Vista is the world's largest competition for aftermarket personnel.... More > 17 10/26/2012 - Getloaded Helps Raise More than $20,000 for Special Olympics Virginia Getloaded, a logistics freight matching website, recently joined forces with Special Olympics Virginia, the Virginia State Police, and more than 50 commercial truck drivers to participate in the 2nd annual segment of the World's Largest Truck Convoy.... More > 18 10/25/2012 - FedEx Freight Hosts Safe Driving Event Local high school students and community members gathered in Harrison, Ark., recently to make a pledge to safe driving.... More > 19 10/23/2012 - OOIDA Schedules 40th Anniversary Bash The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association has set a date of Oct. 18-19, 2013 to celebrate its 40th anniversary at the Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kan.... More > 20 10/22/2012 - First Heavy Duty Aftermarket Dialogue Conference Scheduled for January The Heavy Duty Manufacturers Association announced a new component to the Heavy Duty Dialogue conference series, the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Dialogue conference, which will be co-hosted with MacKay & Co. on Jan. 21.... More > 21 10/18/2012 - "Connected" is Theme of Vipar Heavy Duty Conference Under the theme "Connected," the 2012 Vipar Heavy Duty Annual Business Conference will be held Oct. 21-26 at the Marco Island Marriott in Florida. ... More > 22 10/16/2012 - Compli Offers Free Three-Part Webinar Series on Best Hiring Practices Compli has scheduled a three-part webinar series based on key best practices in hiring. This series is presented in partnership with the national labor law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP.... More > 23 10/15/2012 - HDAW'13 to Host 6th Annual CVSN Pinewood Challenge The 18-wheel CVSN Pinewood Challenge will be held in conjunction with Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2013 in Las Vegas.... More > 24 10/12/2012 - Jeff Foxworthy Named Keynote Speaker for The Work Truck Show 2013 Jeff Foxworthy will serve as the keynote entertainer at The Work Truck Show 2013.... More > 25 10/12/2012 - ATA Honors Mike Russell "Good Stuff" Image Award Winners LAS VEGAS - American Trucking Associations announced the winners of the sixth annual Mike Russell "Good Stuff" Trucking Image Awards, honoring three organizations for their efforts to generate positive awareness of the trucking industry's essential role in the economy and dedication to safety.... More > 26 10/12/2012 - ATA Honors State Trucking Association Executives LAS VEGAS - American Trucking Associations honored eight state trucking association executives with individual service awards.... More > 27 10/12/2012 - TMC Announces Technician Scholarship Winners The Technology & Maintenance Council of American Trucking Associations has awarded five diesel truck technician scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year.... More > 28 10/11/2012 - England Logistics Receives 3PL Samaritan Award The Transportation Intermediaries Association announced that England Logistics Inc. is the recipient of the 2012 TIA 3PL Samaritan Award. ... More > 29 10/10/2012 - ATA Honors Year's Best in Trucking LAS VEGAS - American Trucking Associations acknowledged some of the industry's finest performances during the federation's annual Management Conference and Exhibition to recognize the winners of several of the industry's most important honors.... More > 30 10/10/2012 - Management Expert to Present Pricing Strategies to Distributors at HDAW 2013 Michael E. Workman, of Workman Associates, LTD, will present "Unbundled Services: Is It Time?" during the Education Program at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2013... More > 31 10/9/2012 - ATA's Graves: Fleets Facing Crossroad Choices LAS VEGAS - Although the road ahead for the trucking industry as a whole is looking up, for each individual fleet, the road is not only beset with cracks and potholes of regulatory and policy matters, but also heading toward many forks and intersections that fleets must navigate carefully, said Bill Graves, president and CEO of the American Trucking Associations, during the group's annual Management Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas Monday.... More > 32 10/9/2012 - LMTA's Gautreaux Wins ATA President's TAEC Leadership Award LAS VEGAS -- Cathy Gautreaux was named the winner of the American Trucking Associations President's Trucking Association Executives Council Leadership Award during the group's annual Management Conference & Exhibition Monday.... More > 33 10/9/2012 - Volvo, Mack Continue ATA Image Program Sponsorships LAS VEGAS - Volvo Trucks announced its ongoing support for America's Road Team and Mack Trucks announced it will once again sponsor the Share the Road program in 2013.... More > 34 10/8/2012 - ATA Joins Fight Against 'Sex Trade' Trafficking of Young Girls LAS VEGAS - The American Trucking Associations says it has joined with Truckers Against Trafficking to alert member executives and drivers about the "sex trade" and train them to help fight against the crime.... More > 35 10/8/2012 - FedEx Talks Fuel Economy, Sustainability at Green Fleet Conference SCHAUMBURG, IL - FedEx has improved fuel economy by 16.6% and is on track to meet its goal of reducing fuel consumption by 20% from its 2005 baseline, said Mitch Jackson, Environmental Affairs & Sustainability, during a keynote speech last week during the 2012 Green Fleet Conference.... More > 36 10/8/2012 - Love's raises $1.5 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Love's Travel Stops raised more than $1.5 million for 89 Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the country. The company set a new fundraising record during this year's five-week campaign.... More > 37 10/5/2012 - Truck Chassis Frame Technical Clinic to be held Nov. 13-14 The American Council of Frame and Alignment Specialists is conducting a Technical Training Clinic on Truck Chassis Frame Diagnostics, Analysis, and Gauging, on Nov. 13-14. ... More > 38 10/4/2012 - Nine Commercial Trucks Nominated for National Truck of the Year in 2013 The American Truck Dealers announced the nine nominees for the 2013 ATD Commercial Truck of the Year, a national award recognizing the top truck entries in the heavy- and medium-duty categories.... More > 39 10/4/2012 - HD Electrical Clinic Program Announced for Big R Show The Automotive Parts Remanufacturers Association will feature a Heavy Duty Electrical Clinic during the upcoming 2012 International Big R Show at Bally's Hotel in Las Vegas. ... More > 40 10/2/2012 - Navistar's Clarke to Deliver Keynote at SAE International 2012 Troy A. Clarke, the newly named president and chief operating officer of Navistar International, will deliver the keynote address at SAE International's 2012 Commercial Vehicle Engineering Conference this week.... More > 41 10/1/2012 - Truck Driver Social Media Convention Oct. 27-28 The Truck Driver Social Media Convention is scheduled to be held in Kansas City, Mo., Oct. 27 & 28.... More > 42 10/1/2012 - Pilot Flying J Pledges to Raise $100,000 for Wreaths Across America With some help from professional drivers across the nation, Pilot Flying J has pledged to raise $100,000 to honor the nation's fallen heroes by supporting Wreaths Across America.... More > 43 9/28/2012 - Winners of the Drivers Dreams Program Announced Total Quality Logistics announced the winners of its Drivers Dreams program saluting the American truck driver and raising awareness for the St. Christopher Truckers Development and Relief Fund.... More > 44 9/28/2012 - Registrations up for Next Week's Green Fleet Conference Organizers of the 2012 Green Fleet Conference, Oct. 2-3 in Schaumburg, Ill., announced the exhibit hall is officially sold out and registrations are up 40% over 2011. ... More > 45 9/28/2012 - Defense Transportation Association Honors Bennett CEO The National Defense Transportation Association named Marcia G. Taylor, president and CEO of Bennett International Group 2012 National Transportation Award Winner.... More > 46 9/27/2012 - HDAW 2013 to Offer Service Opportunities and Learning Day Program The organizers of Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2013 announced a new, education program offering-Service Opportunities and Learning Day (SOLD).... More > 47 9/27/2012 - Memphis Trucking Expo 2012 Cancelled Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 2012 Memphis Annual Trucking Expo has been cancelled.... More > 48 9/26/2012 - Intermodal Expo, TransComp Exhibition Re-Launch as Stand-Alone Events in 2014 The Intermodal Association of North America and The National Industrial Transportation League decided to discontinue the co-location of NITL's TransComp Exhibition and IANA's Intermodal Expo.... More > 49 9/25/2012 - Operation Safe Driver to Target Unsafe Driving Oct. 14-20 The week of Oct. 14-20, law enforcement across North America will target unsafe drivers during Operation Safe Driver, a program sponsored by CVSA and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration with support from a number of other organizations, including FedEx Corp.... More > 50 9/25/2012 - TMW User Conference Draws Crowd TMW Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, kicked off its Transforum 2012 User Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Fla., Monday with just under 1,700 attendees. CEO Dave Wangler welcomed attendees at the event's opening session by noting it had grown tremendously since the first user conference 25 years ago with four customers in attendance.... More > 51 9/25/2012 - Truck Convoy to Raise Money for Special Olympics Truckers from all over the United States and Canada are set to participate in the World's Largest Truck Convoy for Special Olympics in 2012.... More > 52 9/20/2012 - Website, Appreciation Week Events Aim to Help Truckers Stay Healthy EGears, which offers online and video-based education for truck drivers, is also launching a website and resource: TheHealthyTrucker.net. ... More > 53 9/19/2012 - ATA Recognizes Truck Drivers with Week of Appreciation American Trucking Associations is taking this week, National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, to honor the 3.1 million professional truck drivers that deliver America's freight safely and securely every day.... More > 54 9/17/2012 - Annual Trucking Expo in Memphis Oct. 13 The Memphis 3rd Annual Trucking Expo, presented by The National Association For Minority Truckers, will showcase products in trucking and shed light on various services.... More > 55 9/17/2012 - Goodyear Accepting Nominations for 30th Highway Hero Award Goodyear is now accepting nominations for its 2012 North America Highway Hero Award through Jan. 31, 2013 at www.goodyeartrucktires.com. ... More > 56 57 9/14/2012 - Iowa 80 Kitchen to be Featured on Travel Channel Show Iowa 80 Kitchen, the full-service restaurant inside the Iowa 80 TA Truckstop in Walcott, Iowa, will be featured on the Travel Channel's show Food Paradise next spring.... More > 58 9/13/2012 - Ryder Technician Chris Barnett Wins SuperTech Championship Christopher Barnett, a technician at Ryder System's shop in Hebron, Ky., who comes from a family of mechanics, bested scores of competitors in the annual SuperTech competition that ended Wednesday during a major industry meeting in Pittsburgh, Pa.... More > 59 9/12/2012 - TCA Adding "Wellness" to National Truck Driver Appreciation Week During National Truck Driver Appreciation & Wellness Week, the Truckload Carriers Association and state trucking associations will host health fairs and "celebrity walks" designed to get drivers exercising, eating better, and taking charge of their bodies.... More > 60 9/12/2012 - Truck Enterprises Inc. Celebrates 50 Years Truck Enterprises Inc. is celebrating being in business for 50 years this month. ... More > 61 9/10/2012 - Driver Team Aids Family After Moose Collides With Car The Truckload Carriers Association named a team of professional truck drivers as its latest Highway Angels for helping a young family involved in an unusual accident. ... More > 62 9/10/2012 - Fifth Annual Georgia Logistics Summit to be Held March 19-20 On March 19-20, 2013, Georgia will hold its 5th Annual Georgia Logistics Summit hosted by the Center of Innovation for Logistics. ... More > 63 9/7/2012 - CVSA Brake Safety Week Kicks Off Sunday The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Brake Safety Week is set to take place Sept. 9-15. Aimed at reducing the number of highway crashes caused by improperly maintained or faulty braking systems, the Brake Safety Week campaign - also known as Operation Air Brake - uses teams of CVSA-certified inspectors to conduct roadside checks of commercial vehicles and their drivers.... More > 64 9/6/2012 - MHC Tour Showcases Compressed Natural Gas Technology The Murphy-Hoffman Company, better known as dealer group MHC, is featuring a 2013 CNG-powered Kenworth T660 at eight locations across the country. ... More > 65 9/6/2012 - ATA State Executive Council Elects Minnesota Leader as Chairman The Trucking Association Executives' Council recently elected John Hausladen as national chairman for the 2012-2013 term at its annual meeting in Park City, Utah.... More > 66 9/6/2012 - 70-Year Transportation Veteran A. Gordon Clark Dead at 90 A. Gordon Clark, who retired from Penske in 2005, passed away on Sept. 2, in Chagrin Falls, Ohio at the age of 90.... More > 67 9/5/2012 - TCA Opens Nominations for Best Fleets to Drive For Now through Oct. 31, the Truckload Carriers Association will accept nominations for the fifth annual Best Fleets to Drive For contest and survey.... More > 68 9/5/2012 - Historic Highway Convoy Kicks off Sept. 6 on Route 66 The American Truck Historical Society will sponsor its first Historic Highway Convoy beginning Thursday, Sept. 6, in Morris, Ill. The convoy will follow Route 66, the famous "Mother Road," from Illinois to California.... More > 69 9/5/2012 - Green Fleet Conference Scheduled for Oct. 2-3 The 2012 Green Fleet Conference, a resource for fleet professionals to learn more about eco-friendly equipment and ideas, will be held Oct. 2-3 in Schaumburg, Ill.... More > 70 9/3/2012 - Happy Labor Day There will be no news posted on Truckinginfo.com today due to the Labor Day Holiday.... More > 71 8/28/2012 - TCA Announces Participants in 2nd Weight Loss Showdown The Truckload Carriers Association announced the participants in the follow-up to its successful Weight Loss Showdown.... More > 72 8/24/2012 - Wreaths Across America, TCA Join Forces to Honor Fallen Heroes Wreaths Across American and the Truckload Carriers Association announced a new partnership that will further the success of the program, which places thousands of remembrance wreaths at military cemeteries.... More > 73 8/23/2012 - TCA Adds Wellness to Driver Appreciation Week The Truckload Carriers Association is adding a new element to National Truck Driver Appreciation Week, an event that's been held annually since 1998: wellness.... More > 74 8/21/2012 - T. Boone Pickens to Speak at NationaLease Annual Meeting Oil and gas entrepreneur T. Boone Pickens is the keynote speaker at the NationaLease 68th Annual Meeting, Sept. 16-17, in Baltimore, Md.... More > 75 8/17/2012 - Navistar's Troy Clarke to Give Keynote Address at 2013 ATD Convention The American Truck Dealers announced that Troy A. Clarke, president of truck and engine operations for Navistar, Inc., will provide keynote remarks at the 2013 ATD Convention and Expo in Orlando, Fla., next February. ... More > 76 8/16/2012 - TravelCenters of America Raising Money for St. Christopher Fund TravelCenters of America, which operates TA and Petro Stopping Centers, launched its third annual campaign in support of the St. Christopher Truckers Development and Relief Fund,... More > 77 8/13/2012 - Truck Driving Champs Announced Don Logan, a FedEx Freight professional truck driver from Topeka, Kan., was named the 2012 Bendix National Truck Driving Championships Grand Champion this weekend in Minneapolis.... More > 78 8/9/2012 - Ferro Says Bar Raised on Safety The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has "raised the bar on safety," said Administrator Anne Ferro, and those fleets "that don't want to be in compliance are the ones we want to take off the road."... More > 79 8/6/2012 - Natural Gas in Trucking Summit Registration Opens to the Public Registration for the first-of-its-kind Summit on Natural Gas in Trucking is open to the public.... More > 80 8/1/2012 - ATA Announces Highlights for 2012 Management Conference & Exhibition American Trucking Associations President and CEO Bill Graves is promising that this year's Management Conference & Exhibition will once again be the premier gathering of trucking industry executives, suppliers and government officials.... More > 81 8/1/2012 - McLeod Software Announces User Conference McLeod Software's 2012 Users' Conference will take place September 16 18 in the Sheraton Birmingham Convention Center in Birmingham, Ala.... More > 82 7/30/2012 - 'Historic Highway Convoy' Slated for Sept. 6-15 The American Truck Historical Society's first Historic Highway Convoy is scheduled for September 6-15 on Route 66 from Illinois to California... More > 83 7/26/2012 - Expedite Expo This Weekend The 2012 Expedite Expo will take place this weekend, July 27-28, at the Roberts Convention Centre in Wilmington, Ohio.... More > 84 7/20/2012 - Landstar Recognizes its Safest Drivers at Florida Event Landstar System Inc., transportation and logistics services, paid tribute to the best and safest of Landstar's owner-operators at a brand new event this month. The Landstar BCO All-Star Weekend featured an exclusive second truck giveaway for 2012, plus an awards program... More > 85 7/19/2012 - CVSN to Honor Eight 'Century Club' Members The Commercial Vehicle Solutions Network is introducing a new recognition program at its 2012 Summit to honor member companies that have been in business for 100 years or more.... More > 86 7/16/2012 - Meritor Offers Instructor-Led Training Courses Meritor is offering several new in-depth, hands-on, instructor-led training courses.... More > 87 7/13/2012 - Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress Set for Oct. 2-3 SAE International's 2012 Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress, " Total Vehicle Integration: Engineering the Next Vehicle Revolution," will be Oct. 2-3 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.... More > 88 7/12/2012 - T. Boone Pickens to be Keynote Speaker at ATA Natural Gas Summit Energy executive T. Boone Pickens has confirmed his participation as a keynote speaker at American Trucking Associations' Natural Gas in Trucking Summit Nov. 28-30.... More > 89 7/11/2012 - Mack Will Again Provide Pinnacle for Capitol Christmas Tree Project Mack Trucks is providing a custom-decorated Mack Pinnacle model to deliver the 2012 Capitol Christmas Tree from Meeker, Colo., to the U.S. Capitol.... More > 90 7/10/2012 - What to Expect at the Walcott, Iowa, Truckers Jamboree Truckers are gearing up for the 33rd Annual Walcott Truckers Jamboree, July 12-13, celebrating America's drivers. The two-day event, taking place at Iowa 80 Truckstop, I-80 Exit 284, Walcott, Iowa, will include an antique truck display, a Super Truck Beauty Contest, more than 175 exhibits, an Iowa pork chop cookout,... More > 91 7/10/2012 - Nominations Open for Heavy Duty Remanufacturer of the Year Nominations are open for the Heavy Duty Remanufacturer of the Year award, to be presented during the Heavy Duty Remanufacturing Group Summit in Las Vegas on Jan. 21, 2013.... More > 92 7/4/2012 - Happy Independence Day! There will be no news posted for July 4 due to the Independence Day holiday.... More > 93 7/2/2012 - NPTC Safety Conference Scheduled for September The National Private Truck Council will hold its National Safety Conference Sept. 13-14 at the Hyatt Dulles in Herndon, Va.... More > 94 6/27/2012 - ATA to Host First National Trucking Natural Gas Summit ATA will host what it says is the first-ever national summit on the growing use of natural gas as a fuel for moving freight across the country.... More > 95 6/25/2012 - NTTC, FMCSA Schedule Cargo Tank Test and Inspection Workshops Four cargo tank test and inspections workshops offered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the National Tank Truck Carriers association are open for registration.... More > 96 6/25/2012 - Reman Group Schedules Heavy-Duty Brake Clinic The Automotive Parts Remanufacturing Association is hosting its Heavy-Duty Brake Clinic July 26-28 in Chicago. ... More > 97 6/22/2012 - SAE Symposium to Ask: What's the Impact of Shale Gas on Vehicle Development? What impact does all the explosion of interest in natural gas from shale gas exploration and development have on the development of new vehicles? A new SAE International symposium will explore that topic.... More > 98 6/21/2012 - 2013 HDAW Organizers Set Theme "Formula for Success - Focus on the Future" is the theme for Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week 2013, to be held Jan 21-24, 2013, at the Mirage in Las Vegas.... More > 99 6/19/2012 - HDAW 2013 Conference Leadership Announced Organizers of the eighth annual Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week announced its new leadership team for the conference, to be held January 21-24, 2013, at The Mirage in Las Vegas.... More > 100 6/18/2012 - Nine New Task Forces to Meet at TMC Meeting The American Trucking Associations' Technology & Maintenance Council has created nine new task forces that will meet for the first time at TMC's 2012 Fall Meeting, Sept. 10-13 in Pittsburgh, covering topics such as tires, corrosion, CSA and visibility.... More > 101 6/14/2012 - FMCSA to Host Webinar Overview of Truck and Bus Crash Data The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Office of Analysis, Research and Technology will hold its annual webinar providing data on truck and bus crashes twice on Thursday, June 21, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. EST. ... More > 102 6/12/2012 - Trincon Offers Webinar Series to Address Recruitment, Retention, Costs Trincon Group, a transportation industry advisory firm, released a series of five educational webinars to address the most pervasive issues affecting the trucking industry today-driver recruitment, retention and increasing costs.... More > 103 6/11/2012 - Peterbilt Dealer to Hold South Carolina Natural Gas Truck Forum The Pete Store LLC announced plans to hold a Natural Gas Truck Forum in Greenville, S.C., on July 24.... More > 104 6/7/2012 - Oak Grove, Mo. Truckers Jamboree Kicks Off Tomorrow The Oak Grove 70 Petro, located at I-70 Exit 28 in Oak Grove, Mo., will hold its 14th Annual Truckers Jamboree June 8-9, rain or shine.... More > 105 References ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ www.goodyeartrucktires.com. (www.goodyeartrucktires.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com) ^ More > (www.truckinginfo.com)
- DB Schenker signs service contract with DAF Trucks Official provider for import logistics to supply the new plant in the city of Ponta Grossa in Brazil Berlin/Essen/S o Paulo, May 15, 2013 DB Schenker in Brazil has been chosen as the preferred logistics service provider of DAF Trucks. The Brazilian arm of the global logistics provider will be responsible for export consolidation, supply-chain visibility and import logistics in support of DAF Brazil s new truck assembly plant in the city of Ponta Grossa in the state of Paran . DB Schenker will be responsible for the door-to-door air and ocean transportation between DAF Brazil s European supply-base and the Brazil assembly plant. Further, DB Schenker will be responsible for the Brazilian customs clearance and final delivery. According to Tim Horton, Global Account Manager for PACCAR (DAF s parent company), DB Schenker will also provide the DAF Brazil materials planners with a purchase order management solution and detailed supply-chain visibility utilizing the premium Integrated Cargo Management tool, Scout . This premium supply-chain visibility tool was a key factor in PACCAR s decision to choose DB Schenker as their preferred logistics service provider for the new plant , Horton says. DB Schenker participated in the DAF Brazil European Supplier Days Event in Eindhoven in the Netherlands, the world headquarters of DAF in October 2012. For five days, DB Schenker and DAF presented Brazilian customs and documentation requirements to more than 180 European suppliers kicking-off the logistics implementation for the new plant. According to the Chief Operating Officer of DAF Trucks in Brazil, Luiz A. De Luca, the decision to work with DB Schenker in Brazil allows to further develop and expand the global partnership that DB Schenker has with PACCAR and DAF in other countries. Surely we have a quality partner in DB Schenker to support our international logistics processes and to bring our components from Europe with a focus on quality on-time service, so that we can introduce our brand in Brazil with great success , so Horton. To National Sales Manager of DB Schenker in Brazil, Clara Beuttenm ller, this partnership with DAF Trucks reinforces the company s goal of bringing innovative solutions to the automotive industry in Brazil. The logistics for the supply of the DAF plant in Ponta Grossa is not limited to effectiveness on meeting production deadlines, consolidation processes and transport. It also illustrates our vendor management and supply-chain visibility solutions throughout the globe, with dedicated teams in the Netherlands and Paran operating as Control Towers to ensure quality in the logistics process from beginning to end, she says. To manage the entire import process, DB Schenker will provide a dedicated team to meet the needs of DAF Brazil in Ponta Grossa. About DB SchenkerDB Schenker has more than 95,000 employees in 130 countries and over 2,000 offices present in the main economic centers of the world. In Brazil, Schenker do Brasil Transportes Internacionais Ltda. operates since 1973 and has over 590 employees at ten offices across the country, as well as highly qualified partners in major cities in Brazil. About DAF TrucksDAF is a leading truck brand in Europe with 16% market share above 16 tons. DAF is also a leader in tractors in Europe.In 2011 PACCAR announced an investment of $ 200 million in the construction of the new plant DAF Trucks with technology in Ponta Grossa, Paran . The plant will produce models DAF XF, CF and LF for the Brazilian market. The plant will begin operations in September 2013 and will produce 10,000 trucks per year at full capacity.PACCAR is a global leader in technology, design, production and customer service for light, medium and heavy, high quality trucks, under the names Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business. PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol PCAR, and the company website is www.paccar.com 1 Bernd WeilerHead of Transportation and Logistics / International CommunicationsTel. +49 (0) 30 297-54020Fax +49 (0) 30 email@example.com www.dbschenker.com/presse 2 SOURCE: Submitted by DB Schenker Tagged as: 3PL 3 , DB Schenker 4 , Distribution 5 , Freight 6 , Logistics 7 , Warehousing 8 Article source: http://www.logisticsmatter.com/2013/05/15/db-schenker-signs-service-contract-with-daf-trucks/ 9 Related posts DB Schenker to be European Logistics Service Provider for SolarEdge 10 DB Schenker and BMW cooperate for high quality service in Japan 11 DB Schenker wins Best Road Haulier and Green Service Provider in Asia Pacific 12 Continental and DB Schenker Logistics signed contract about warehousing on the Philippines 13 DB Schenker Logistics Expands Innovative Transport Monitoring Service 14 References ^ www.paccar.com (www.paccar.com) ^ www.dbschenker.com/presse (www.dbschenker.com) ^ 3PL (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ DB Schenker (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ Distribution (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ Freight (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ Logistics (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ Warehousing (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ http://www.logisticsmatter.com/2013/05/15/db-schenker-signs-service-contract-with-daf-trucks/ (www.logisticsmatter.com) ^ DB Schenker to be European Logistics Service Provider for SolarEdge (www.logistic-partners.com) ^ DB Schenker and BMW cooperate for high quality service in Japan (www.logistic-partners.com) ^ DB Schenker wins Best Road Haulier and Green Service Provider in Asia Pacific (www.logistic-partners.com) ^ Continental and DB Schenker Logistics signed contract about warehousing on the Philippines (www.logistic-partners.com) ^ DB Schenker Logistics Expands Innovative Transport Monitoring Service (www.logistic-partners.com)
- Dear Justine… Dear Justine Greening… We know you have a lot on your plate and you probably didn’t expect to get the transport job in such a hurry but, on behalf of motoring mums and daughters across the UK, can you please reassure us VERY SOON that the UK will be maintaining its MOT status quo in favour of safer roads in future. This means saying NO to the EU; opting for the UK’s 3-1-1 MOT model and not the EU’s 4-2-2 version in the face of previous government figures showing that this will cost us lives and ’000s of jobs. Just to remind us all, this is what the MOT industry experts are saying to encourage motorists and motor industry colleagues alike to sign the Pro-MOTe petition … Edmund King, AA President “All too often you spot cars driving with a headlight, tail light or brake light out. The only time many of these drivers do anything about it is when the car goes for an MOT test or if traffic police pull them over. The Government’s idea to extend the MOT test intervals may be portrayed as an olive branch to drivers by reducing the burden on them, but the AA and three-fifths of our members believe it is a false saving which could lead to more expensive repairs later, and that’s before the safety argument. The Government should state that they will not change the frequency of MOTs.” Jonathan Fox, of the Association of Professional Ambulance Personnel “At a time when we have the lowest rate of road deaths in any equivalent developed country, conversely our MOT failure rate has increased by 12% over the last five years. Moving away from our current annual examination to an MOT every two years is misguided and this can only result in even more defective vehicles on our roads than at present. The only conclusion that can be extracted from these poorly thought out proposals is that we see an increase of injuries and deaths on our roads at a time when they have never been safer.” Nigel Bartram, Senior Motor Underwriting Manager at Aviva “We believe MOT timings should remain unchanged. The MOT is the only time some vehicles receive any safety checks and maintenance – this applies particularly to older cars which are often driven by younger drivers – and to reduce the frequency of this check could cost lives.” Julie Townsend, Deputy Chief Executive at Brake, the road safety charity “As a charity supporting families whose lives are devastated by road death and injury, we are aghast that the Government is proposing such an appalling backwards step. We should be doing everything we can to stop people being killed and injured on roads, to prevent families suffering so terribly, and to reduce the economic burden of these casualties. That means having a robust system to ensure vehicles are roadworthy. Downgrading the system so MOTs are only required every two years is a nonsensical and inhumane policy that would mean many more needless tragedies.” Martin Gibbs, Policy and Legal Affairs Director, British Cycling “We would be concerned at any changes to the MOT system that is likely to increase the number of unsafe vehicles on the road. Cyclists, perhaps more than any other road users, rely on the Government to create a safe environment on the road and the MOT system is a key part of that.” Gareth Kloet, Head of Car Insurance at Confused.com “Driving is one of the most dangerous things people do on a daily basis. It’s vital that all drivers are doing regular maintenance checks of their vehicle to ensure our roads are kept as safe as possible. Currently, more than a third of the vehicles presented for their first MOT fail the test. Confused.com is passionate about road safety as shockingly, five people are killed and a further 65 are seriously injured on UK roads every day. For us, a yearly MOT is a must. Many may argue that cars are more reliable now than when the test was first introduced in 1960 and as a result, yearly checks are not needed but why take the risk? No amount of car safety or reliability features will make the roads 100% safe and the importance of regular car checks should not be underestimated.” Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Chairman & Managing Director, Euro Car Parts Ltd “If this crazy proposal is adopted, many millions of motorists will abandon preventative maintenance and drive for up to 2 years with dangerous tyres, brakes, lights etc. The cost to the nation in death, injury, car accidents, breakdowns and increased emissions will be truly massive … all for a measly £15 to £20 annual ‘saving’ per car.” Steph Savill, Founder of FOXY Lady Drivers Club “Many women rely on the garage industry alone to keep their cars safe. Not just the ones we own but also the vehicles that other motorists drive. We know from experience that many motorists (male and female) are scrimping on car servicing to save money today so an annual MOT might be the only time a garage professional can spot a potentially dangerous car. On behalf of all motoring mums and daughters we want to be reassured that our cars will be MORE, not less, SAFE on UK roads in future. We are supporting PROMOTE and the UK 3-1-1 MOT model because the 4-2-2 EU MOT version could cost us lives and motor industry jobs.” Dave Garrett, Chief executive, Garage Equipment Association “The GEA has an interest in retaining the integrity, quality and consistency of the MOT. Although motor vehicle technology has improved over the years, MOT failure rates remain high, with many vehicles failing their first test because of inefficient brakes and worn tyres. Therefore in order to meet the European object of reducing road deaths by 50% by 2020, the MOT frequency for cars must remain the same at 3-1-1. It may also be advisable to reduce the MOT frequency for Vans to 1-1-1, as many so called “white vans” have covered over 250,000 miles before their first MOT.” Bill Duffy, Chief Executive of Halfords Autocentres “Halfords is a friend of the Motorist and we want to help them reduce costs and to travel as safely as possible. We believe that extending the MOT frequency would be bad news for drivers and bad news for road safety and the environment. We know, from the tests at our own garages, that without an annual safety check up millions more cars would be driving in an unroadworthy condition. We also see the financial consequences for drivers who don’t get repair work fixed in a timely manner. It always leads to higher bills later and that isn’t what we want for our customers. There’s no doubt that the MOT test is an affordable and basic component of road safety, protecting road users and pedestrians. It saves lives, keeps people safe and it saves motorists money. We welcome a review of the MOT system to make improvements to help the motorist. But reducing MOT test frequency is a bad move for motorists and society as a whole.” Brian Spratt, Chief Executive, Independent Automotive Aftermarket Federation “The Independent Automotive Aftermarket Federation (IAAF), representing manufacturers, importers and wholesale distributors of vehicle components, and independent garages, service centres and MOT stations, welcomes the PRO-MOTE campaign to reject government proposals to reduce the frequency of MOT testing. The IAAF is certain that these proposals will have a serious adverse effect on road safety, the environment, and employment in the independent motor trade, and we can see no merit in the proposals. The IAAF is committed to ensure the effectiveness of the MOT system and its benefit to road users, and will continue to lobby the appropriate authorities and work with other organisations to achieve that end.” David White, Customer Services Director at Kwik Fit “A reduction in MOT testing is going to hit many businesses hard, particularly local small and medium-sized companies. The industry as a whole takes on about 10,000 new apprentices every year and it seems inevitable that this will be significantly scaled back if MOT frequency is reduced.” John Ashton, Director of the MOT Club “If 4-2-2 is adopted who will check the one million vehicles that hit the market after a three year lease contract, many of which have extremely high mileage?” Jim Punter Chairman of the MOT Trade Forum “On average, every day, MOT Testers inspect over 72,000 vehicles to make sure they are safe to drive on the road, and are fully roadworthy. Of these, over 2,200 vehicles are found to have defects, which, Testers consider, render them dangerous to drive. These vehicles are either repaired or scrapped by motorists which ensures that significant numbers of deaths and serious injuries on our roads are avoided every day. Any action on the Government’s part to reduce MOT Test frequency would leave these vehicles uninspected and still in use on the roads despite their dangerous condition. I would urge the Government to seriously re-consider, and abandon this dangerous, unwanted, expensive and irresponsible policy.” Richard Edy, Director, National Tyre Distribution Association “The NTDA is proud to support the PRO-MOTE campaign to maintain the current frequency of MOTs. Tyres are safety critical items which constantly wear. It is imperative that they are regularly inspected and properly maintained. Many motorists rely on their annual MOT for the inspection of their tyres, any extension or lengthening of the MOT frequency is likely to have a major impact on road safety and contribute to increased deaths and major injuries on our roads.” David Bizley, Technical Director, RAC “The current MOT testing regime has stood the UK in good stead and ensures that there are relatively few accidents directly attributable to unroadworthy vehicles. RAC therefore supports the retention of the current arrangements and is an enthusiastic supporter of PRO-MOTE.” Richard Owen, Finance & Operations Director of Road safety Analysis “In our work with the road safety profession we regularly carry out detailed analysis of collision records. It is clear through the statistics that vehicle defects cause a tiny percentage of all crashes with fewer than 2,000 crashes in 2010 attributed to defective vehicles. With less frequent vehicle checks we would undoubtedly see large increases in these types of collisions.” James Gibson, spokesperson for Road Safety GB “Road Safety GB is keen to support the PRO-MOTE campaign – the evidence shows that changing the testing regime will reduce safety on our roads. The MOT test has been in place for over forty years, we all know that vehicles have become more reliable in this time but many components still require regular safety checks. An annual check for vehicles over three years old isn’t excessive, especially when we think of drivers who fail to carry out even basic safety checks like checking tyres or lights from one MOT to the next!” John Ball, RMI MOT Chairman “Our members’ garages constantly see the worsening state of cars and vans as motorists are cutting back on maintenance. Three-year-old vehicles at first test are also a concern, despite their improved design, with high failure rates on safety critical items like tyres, brakes and lights. What’s more, reducing MOT frequency will add to the financial burden on motorists and undermine thousands of small and medium-sized businesses putting at risk thousands of jobs, including many apprenticeships.” Douglas Robertson, Chief executive, Scottish Motor Trade Association “At the SMTA Annual Dinner in November 2010, Scotland’s First Minister, the Rt Hon Alex Salmond MSP, publicly supported the SMTA’s opposition to any reduction in the frequency of MOT Testing that may be proposed by the UK government. In welcoming this support the SMTA acknowledged that much work to garner all party support within Scotland and the United Kingdom was still required and that would take place once the UK government’s review proposals were formally made public. Rather than opposing a reduction in testing frequency, the SMTA will be proposing an increase in frequency following confirmation by VOSA that failure rates have increased since the last UK Government Report on MOT Testing in 2008. The SMTA with over 800 members is the leading trade association for the retail motor industry in Scotland.” David Seward, Chairman, Tyre Industry Federation “25% of MOT test failures are for tyre-related causes. Putting two years between MOT tests will greatly increase the number of vehicles being driven on unsafe and illegal tyres.” ______________________ Granted the UK MOT industry can do a better job in future but that’s what we should all be concentrating on – making our garage industry a better place for motorists by highlighting all evidence of measurable quality and outing the bad apples that continue to let the good garages down. And not having to spend all our time attempting to fend off a crazy EU proposal that should have been dismissed as such ages ago. We are sure you understand and appreciate our concerns Justine… FOXY Steph
- Decline of the recycling programProgram of utilization is coming to an end - at the disposal of Industry and Trade there are only 1,5 thousand certificates. The next step the government plans to launch a recycling program for trucks. Since launching the program last spring, was issued 500,000 certificates at a discount of 50 thous ...
- Deep Sea Export Clerk job at Headford Consulting in RuncornHeadford Consulting is at present looking to employ Deep Sea Export Clerk on Thu, 16 May 2013 11:30:36 GMT. Job Title: Deep Sea Export Operator Location: Preston Brook/Runcorn Salary: ' 18,000 - ' 24,000 We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sea Freight Export Clerk in the Preston Brook area to work for a well established medium sized Freight Forwarder. The candidate we are looking for will be joining a small and friendly team handling a mixture of Sea Freight shipments worldwide covering both... Location: Runcorn , England Description: Headford Consulting is at present looking to employ Deep Sea Export Clerk right now, this job will be situated in England. Further informations about this job opportunity kindly see the descriptions. Job Title: Deep Sea Export Operator Location: Preston Brook/Runcorn Salary: ' 18,000 - ' 24,000 We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sea Freight Export ! Clerk in the Preston Brook area to work for a well established medium sized Freight Forwarder. The candidate we are looking for will be joining a small and friendly team handling a mixture of Sea Freight shipments worldwide covering both imports. Duties will include: Organising Sea Freight Export shipments end to end Quoting customers for the movement of freight and negotiating rates with suppliers Creation of customs documentation to accompany shipments Customs entries experience in ASM/GEMS or similar would be hugely advantageous Building rapport with customers to ensure repeat business Following up potential leads for new business Resolving complaints and tracking shipments - keeping customers informed General administrative duties This is a fast paced role and will require a candidate willing to learn and adapt with the role. A candidate who possesses a strong backgrou! nd in Ocean Freight operations able to hit the ground running.! Previous experience of working for an NVOCC freight forwarder is essential for this role.- .If you were eligible to this job, please give us your resume, with salary requirements and a resume to Headford Consulting. Interested on this job, just click on the Apply button, you will be redirected to the official website This job will be started on: Thu, 16 May 2013 11:30:36 GMT Apply Deep Sea Export Clerk Here 1 References ^ Apply Deep Sea Export Clerk Here (www.indeed.com)
- Developer of Controversial Trucking Center to Scale Back Plans ... Aiming to quell community concern, the company behind a controversial 33-acre trucking and distribution center on the Los Alamitos-Cypress border plans to cut the number truck bays at the planned site, a spokesman said. Industrial developer Prologis 1 will to drop some of the 129 truck bays originally proposed for the planned facility at Katella Avenue and Enterprise Drive in Cypress, according to Atle Erlingsson, vice president of Prologis corporate communications. Our ultimate goals here is to develop a property that s welcomed, said Erlingsson, who announced the company's new proposal Monday. Erlingsson said it was in response to community feedback. We re looking to make a considerable decrease in the number of truck bays, he said. Erlingsson said it would be several weeks before he would know the exact number of truck bays would decrease. The project has been a contentious issue for a number of residents in Garden Grove, Los Alamitos, Rossmoor and Cypress, who say the plan would intensify traffic, damage streets and increase pollution posing health risks, especially for children. Erlingsson said that the facility would be a boon to the local business community and would be LEED certified 2 . He added there was much misinformation about the project, including its economic, social and environmental impacts and even the projects description: it s a distribution center, he said, and not a truck depot. We should point back to our track record, Erlingsson said. (We build) all high-quality, class-A facilities. We only build the best of the best. Recently the Los Alamitos City Council voted 5-0 to oppose the development. 3 Officials, also told the city manager and the city attorney to begin taking actions to protect the city" from the proposed development. Cypress officials did not respond to calls for comment Monday afternoon. Los Alamitos Councilman Richard Murphy said didn t he know if the proposed change in the site plan would change his opposition to the project. It would have to be a dramatic decrease, Murphy said. (And) I m not sure that that (Prologis statement about truck bays) gives us any guarantee of reduction in the amount of trucks going in. Murphy said he wants more information, which won t be forthcoming until Cypress releases the results of its report on the possible effects of the project on the surrounding community. We re going to wait and see until the environmental impact report comes out, Murphy said. I imagine when that comes out, there s going to be feathers flying everywhere. The Rossmoor Homeowner s Association has opposed the plan as well as a number of people at a recent scoping meeting and commenters during a recent Cypress City Council meeting. 4 5 6 Lois Waddle, a resident of Los Alamitos Carrier Row just across the street from the planned facility, is one of the activists protesting the project. To the 40-year Los Alamitos local said even one truck bay is too many. No trucks. No commercial trucking. No bays, said Waddle, a retired realtor and teacher. Waddle, who hopes Cypress will turn the area into a park with recreation or community centers, said she doesn t want to see the traffic, pollution and noise the project would generate. I just can t see that they would intentionally destroy this land when it could be something so beautiful, Waddle said. She said that locals can check out more about protests against the project at OC4us.com TELL US WHAT YOU THINK IN THE COMMENTS: What do you think of the project? Stay Patched in! Check out some of Los Alamitos, Rossmoor and Seal Beach's other top stories here . | Like Los Alamitos Patch on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and sign up for the daily email with links to the latest local news. 7 8 9 10 References ^ Prologis (www.prologis.com) ^ LEED certified (www.usgbc.org) ^ Council voted 5-0 to oppose the development. (losalamitos.patch.com) ^ The Rossmoor Homeowner s Association has opposed the plan (losalamitos.patch.com) ^ recent scoping meeting (losalamitos.patch.com) ^ Cypress City Council meeting. (losalamitos.patch.com) ^ other top stories here (losalamitos.patch.com) ^ Facebook (www.facebook.com) ^ Twitter (twitter.com) ^ daily email (losalamitos.patch.com)
- Dexion Absolute Ltd - Interim Management StatementDexion Absolute Ltd - Interim Management Statement
- Dodge Caliber finally put out of its miseryIt was supposed to replace the Neon in Chrysler Automotive’s small car niche. It was supposed to bring updated styling and innovation. It was supposed to sell well and become a small car staple. Truth be told… it did none of these things. The Caliber was launched in 2007 to replace the Neon and just
- Dodge The Boris Tax With New Green Cars The London Congestion Charge is an unpleasant fact of life for the many motorists whose livelihoods necessitate them entering the City
It is an almost certain fact that this additional motoring tax will spread, like the bubonic plague, to other cities of Britain in the not too distant future
From July 2013 it will get worse as the cut-off point for exemption on the grounds of low emissions will be reduced from the present 100g/km to a demanding 75g/km
At a stroke, thousands of cars that were previously exempt will be liable to pay
The only recourse for owners is to either cough up or trade-up for to one of the super-low emission cars, all of which have one thing in common a mains plug
Just lately it seems that the furore surrounding electric cars has died down as the present limitations of electrical automotive technology are at this time seemingly insurmountable
Nevertheless the car makers are pressing on with a selection of models
Nothing wrong with these cars of course they are eminently suited to the urban life, but the spectre of limited range still hangs over them
There are about a dozen new plug-in electric cars that will beat the congestion charge and benefit from the government s grant scheme
Some have been around long enough to be appearing on the second hand market
It might make sense for road commuters to have two cars: one for work and something for the weekend, as it were
Possibly the best used car choices would be the Prius, the Ampera and the Leaf
The good old Toyota Prius has been with us for a while now and recent improvements have reduced the CO to a meagre 49g/km, easily beating the target
It can manage about fifteen miles on electricity alone so technically it could cross the City on battery juice alone
The Vauxhall Ampera was designed to be an extended range vehicle from the outset, so battery power is backed up by a small petrol engine, but for the London run should do the journey on a fresh charge
2012 models are slowly creeping onto the used market
Then there is Nissan s Leaf
It can manage over one hundred miles on a single charge in the right circumstances, although this would be reduced if power is consumed by ancillary equipment
The latest model is much better but if the canny owner can live with the limitations of the earlier version then it should do the job well
It doesn t matter which way Britain s motorists turn, they will still be confronted by some form of automotive taxation
Cars like those above may not be the first choice for driving fans but as work transport they will soon be the only way to go
- Dr. Porsche, the 1,000 hp "Beetle"!±8± Dr. Porsche, the 1,000 hp "Beetle" At the dawn of the automobile, Ferdinand Porsche, himself an Austrian, served as a designer at the branch of Daimler motor car production there. He was a technician first class, as well. In those days, car manufacturers rely significantly on the reputation of ...
- Driver Killed in I-280 Crash Identified as Don Pico's Owner - Half ... The driver who died in a late night solo car crash 1 on Interstate 280 Saturday has been identified as Isaac Mejia, the beloved owner of Don Pico's and an active member of the San Bruno community. Just after 11 p.m. Saturday, Mejia was heading north on I-280 near the interstate Highway 380 connector in San Bruno when his car slammed into a concrete wall on the freeway, the CHP said. Mejia, 51, a longtime San Bruno resident, was pronounced dead at the scene, and investigators are trying to determine whether he died solely due to injuries suffered in the crash or for medical reasons. Mejia grew up in San Bruno and was the son of immigrants from the Mexican state of Sonora Issac Mejia Sr. and Herlinda Mejia who opened Don Pico's 2 in 1975. The restaurant was a small operation until Mejia took over the restaurant in 1999. He brightened the look of the restaurant, updated the kitchen and added his own touch to the menu. Don Pico's is now an institution in the city. Recently, the restaurant underwent another remodeling 3 , and the exterior of the building was updated, the restaurant was expanded in size, and a second dining room and bar were added. Mejia also adorned the restaurant with a number of antique items, including chandeliers made from Austrian crystal from the San Francisco Ferry Building, a trophy fish from Bing Crosby s private collection and a 1925 mahogany Brunswick bar from the San Francisco Cliff House an extension of his love for art and design. Just down the street from Don Pico's is Mejia's second San Bruno restaurant, The Rib Shack. In addition to being a restauranteur, Mejia was very active in the business and volunteer community. He has been involved with the San Bruno Chamber of Commerce for years, and he was a dedicated member of the San Bruno Lions Club. At the Lions Club's installation ceremony in June, the club honored Mejia with the Lion of the Year award 4 . One of the things Mejia was always known for was his willingness to serve others. "He was one of the most magnanimous people I've ever met," said Mel Phillips, a past president of the San Bruno Lions Club. "He was willing to help everybody." Mejia leaves behind a wife and a daughter. References ^ late night solo car crash (sanbruno.patch.com) ^ Don Pico's (sanbruno.patch.com) ^ underwent another remodeling (sanbruno.patch.com) ^ Lion of the Year award (sanbruno.patch.com)
- Early History of Trucks and Trucking | The Truck Stop Trucks of all kinds occupy the roads, from semi-trucks carrying mega payloads across major highways to stylish Studebaker personal truck models from the middle of the twentieth century being carefully maintained by classic truck enthusiasts. For the individual, the truck has seemingly been engineered to meet its fullest potential in modern luxury SUV/pickup crossover vehicles with touch-screen navigation, satellite radio, and DVD players in every seat. Whether the bed of the truck is used for transporting things or not, the concept of the need to carry goods connects every truck to a legacy that reaches even further back than the invention of the internal combustion engine. The modern history of the motorized truck parallels that of the car, and both are products of the twentieth century. People have long used truck-like vehicles to transport goods, though before mechanical engines they were often drawn by pack animals or humans. But as civilizations have advanced, the need for better, more powerful methods of transportation has evolved alongside the evolution of society. Improved vehicles require better means of movement, just as improved roads and movement among places has allowed for the development of better vehicles. The trucks of today fulfill many job descriptions, but their usage is solidly defined in the human consciousness: a truck is not mistaken for any other type of vehicle. From its early use as “a cart for carrying heavy loads” to the modern “motor vehicle for carrying heavy loads,” the word “truck” definitively embodies the idea of moving goods—but the idea has come a long way (Dictionary.com). The Early Days of Trucking Before motor trucks, railroads controlled inland transport of goods and services in the nineteenth century. The powerful railroad industry was the focus of technological innovation in an era when intermediate transportation needs were largely met by vehicles drawn by pack animals. Trains are quick and efficient but limited in their reach. The “flexibility of the horse” in transportation had no equal until self-propelled steam-powered vehicles began emerging, first in Europe and then in America, in the late eighteenth century. While steam-powered road vehicles had little future, the pioneers in self-propelled vehicles were forced into developing technologies that are now taken for granted, including suspension, steering, and braking. Precision in metallurgy and a better understanding of center-of-gravity in a vehicle’s weight and mass, particularly with respect to passengers and payload, further contributed to the emergence of the self-propelled truck. But the invention of the internal combustion engine in the middle of the nineteenth century truly boosted the vehicle’s potential Before the advent of advanced transmissions and gear drives for internal combustion engines, trucking was slow to establish its niche even as railroads were limited to rail interaction among city centers. While there were hundreds of truck manufacturers in the United States in the early twentieth century, those that survived (including Mack, Peterbilt, Chevrolet, and International) were able to adapt to meet the ever-expanding and -changing needs of the trucking industry. Drivers frequently started their own trucking companies and set out to make a living with a single truck with an open cab and solid rubber tires over treacherous cobblestone and dirt roads. Trucking companies emerged with increased demand, especially considering a trip between Philadelphia and New York was considered long distance. Companies with multiple drivers or company-specific fleets handled transportation of commodities among cities with gradually increasing ranges, corresponding to the evolution of the truck. The first major trucking boom occurred during the prosperous postwar 1920s. Not only were roads constantly improving and reaching more places, but “balloon tires” replaced the solid rubber tires and bigger trucks with closed cabs helped companies travel farther, carry more, and do so with greater comfort (Adams 2000). A number of trucking companies were forced to call it quits during the Depression, but those who survived got a boost from the repeal of Prohibition and the slowly reviving economy. In 1935, Congress entered the picture by passing the Motor Carrier Act, which authorized the Interstate Commerce Commission to regulate the trucking industry. The bill “ended the legislative contest between rail and automotive interests which had been raging in the halls of Congress for ten years.” The federal government had invested in a railroad industry weakened both by the Depression and by intense competition from the trucking industry, which had more flexibility of movement and the ability to undercut rail rates (Nelson 1936). This pattern was true in virtually every nation in the world. Since World War I, road transport had shown great potential, and rail tariffs were easily undercut by numerous emerging trucking companies competing on the open market (Gibbins 1978). The Motor Carrier Act established freight-hauling rate regulations, limited the number of hours that truckers were allowed to drive, and oversaw trucking company’s range as well as the type of freight they could carry. Trucking companies were concerned regulations would override their competitive advantages over rail carriers. But road infrastructures improved with driver demand, opening up opportunity for trucking traffic. Railway transportation of both people and goods diminished with the rise of the automobile, and much of the rail infrastructure, particularly in America, has been steadily dismantled over the course of the twentieth century. The Age of the Automobile In the United States, the authorization of the Interstate Highway System in 1956 allowed the trucking industry to burst full-force into the scene. At the same time, however, the 40s and the 50s saw the rise of the automobile in conjunction with one of America’s major population shifts from the city to the suburb. Truck manufacturers experienced a boom during the war as defense contracts encouraged big truck and heavy-duty vehicle production on behalf of the war effort. For the most part, standard automobile production halted during the war, so products that emerged following it were repackaged versions of cars from before the war. Innovative new personal truck designs, however, were direct offshoots of war efforts and fresh, modern pickups began hitting the market before new car models. Ford, Dodge, and Chevrolet all re-entered the market with competing models featuring modern styling and advancements in comfort and engineering. The enduring Ford F-Series first appeared in 1948, including the popular F-100. Other makes such as International remained competitive while fiercely independent automakers such as the recently merged Studebaker and Packer declined. Chevrolet’s 1955 entry featured “the division’s first modern V-8 with overhead valves” that offered higher speeds and greater horsepower for fewer dollars. The postwar era of truck production was the beginning of intense competition among these Detroit truck makers (especially between Ford and Chevrolet) that has persisted to the present day. Only now, however, American trucks compete with quality entries from foreign competitors who have gradually won over a large share of the market, particularly with vehicles that have proven themselves reliable and, of special concern, more fuel efficient (Mueller 1999). Meanwhile, in the commercial trucking industry, new engine designs with a focus on performance emerged after World War II. Direct-injection turbo-charged diesel engines that became a standard emerged during the 1950s, in large part thanks to the work of Volvo in Sweden. Engine manufacturers such as the U.S. Cummins and British Perkins companies began heavily supplying the market with diesel engines through the 1960s as the trucking industry began its conversion from standard gasoline. Truck transmissions evolved with improved highways around the world. Trucks were being built for longer distances, higher speeds, and heavier loads. One significant example from the 1960s was the construction of the Asian highway, which helped link the Middle East, India, Afghanistan, and the Far East. This initial inter-Asia development spurred later construction linking Western Europe with Asia. Meanwhile, the American trucking industry initially led the way in air suspension technology though the European industry quickly followed suit. Other innovations, such as multi-axle vehicles and articulated semi-truck designs were developed to deal with new types of payloads, most importantly that of freight container shipping (Gibbins 1978). Malcom McLean started the McLean Trucking Company with one truck in 1937, the way many entrepreneurs did. But McLean not only built a trucking empire of some 1,700 trucks and 32 terminals across the United States, but he also spearheaded the transportation industry that created the global marketplace: container shipping. McLean first pitched his idea to the railroad industry, with whom he was in direct domestic competition. Other companies and the U.S. military had broached the idea of standardized container shipping, but McLean made it ubiquitous. He acquired an oil tanker business, then obtained a major loan to acquire the Waterman Steamship Corporation, which controlled docking and related ship facilities. At the warning of the Interstate Commerce Commission, McLean unloaded his trucking industry to focus solely on shipping. After developing standard-sized steel truck containers (that could be fixed to a trailer chassis for use on the road), McLean launched his first container ship on April 26, 1956. McLean’s idea almost instantly caught on as customers responded to increased speed of service and lower rates, and that idea was born the day he sat for hours in his sole truck in a line waiting for stevedores to break down loads from the trucks and individually haul crates and bundles onto the ships. The trucking industry began to take hold of the idea as did the Port of New York Authority which, as McLean eyed international shipping, built the first container port in the world (Evans 2004). With domestic ventures more easily connected to a global marketplace, trucking has remained a vast industry into the twenty-first century. The Rising Cost of Energy In 1999, Mike Mueller described an upsurge of personal truck sales that had occurred over the previous several years. American automakers such as Ford, Chevrolet, and GM were capitalizing upon the demand for larger vehicles in the form of both SUVs and trucks; these vehicles provided added versatility while breaking into stylish and more luxurious segments of the auto industry previously reserved for sedans and sports cars. The truck had clearly broken free from the confines of commercial use. Yet, as Mueller states in the introduction to The American Pickup, “the fundamental sociological forces underlying the market’s long-term shift toward a higher mix of trucks likely will continue” unless, that is, “an unexpected market shock, such as a disruption of fuel availability or the imposition of more restrictive regulations” intervenes (1999). Today, fuel remains readily available but prices have become increasingly prohibitive for vehicles with poor fuel economy. GM has recently announced it will discontinue the popular Hummer model by 2010 and will discontinue all production at four North American truck and SUV assembly plants. “While Ford Motor Company already slashed its pickup and SUV output” in May of 2008, “the deep cuts at GM seem to be closing a chapter in the domestic auto industry” (Vlasic 2008). Moreover, early sales of hybrid SUV and truck models have not been encouraging. As automakers have partially shifted their focus toward building smaller vehicles (similar to the oil and energy crises of the 1970s that spurred the influx of smaller, more efficient vehicles), large passenger vehicles and trucks may see a resurgence only with development of new technology to more efficiently power them. Meanwhile, commercial industries and individuals who rely upon trucks have been hit especially hard by the rising oil prices which, in turn, have affected everyone as transportation costs carry over into the cost of goods and services. Truck manufacturers had responded to the energy crises of the 1970s by developing more aerodynamic, more fuel-efficient trucks, and federal deregulation of the industry in the 1980s created uniformity among state laws that opened up the country to double-trailers and coast-to-coast carriers. But today's energy crisis has made everyone uneasy, from small business operators to major transportation conglomerates. The trucks of tomorrow, from the pickup to the eighteen-wheeler, may need to be powered by an existing alternative fuel--or by an energy source not yet conceived. Mass transportation has been the catalyst of the modern global economy. But without relatively inexpensive means of movement, the the transportation of commodities can be expected to experience significant changes.
- Eaton Hybrid Systems Achieve 200 Million Miles of Service, Reducing the Carbon Footprint of Global CustomersDiversified industrial manufacturer Eaton Corporation , a global leader in the development of hybrid power systems for commercial trucks and buses, announced today at the Hybrid, Electric and High Efficiency Truck Users Forum 2011 National Conference in Baltimore, Md., that customers of its hybrid systems have collectively accumulated more than 200 million miles of service, reducing diesel fuel ...
- Economical Logistics Services and Freight Forwarding Companies ... As businesses globalize worldwide, import-export services are becoming intensive. Form transportation of raw materials to finished goods, premium logistics services are required. To cater to varied demands of diverse businesses, numerous companies provide reliable supply chains to varied sectors. In India, there are also many logistics services provider in Mumbai who have a reputation for providing safe and cost-effective conveyance for the transportation of goods anywhere in the country. These kinds of services are made depending upon the varied business and personal needs of the clients. These companies provide leak proof robust containers of all size for carrying and distributing sensitive or perishable or delicate or aggressive fluids to the desired locations. The entire tanks range provided by them are ISO certified. Besides these, there is an option for the best fleet of cars to accommodate and transport all kinds of goods to the right addresses. This premium service is offered to the clients at the industry leading prices. These cars are safe to transport all goods as they keep a check on their routes with the help of their advanced network branches spread all over the country. Hence there is no chance of any wrong doing while using these services. The option for freight forwarding companies in mumbai is also worth using. They provide international freight management services to clients as per their varied requirements. These companies have designed door to door solutions for freight forwarding using the best and economical routes. All these are done to offer more quality export and import services via sea and air routes. These kinds of services have been very useful in handling custom clearance of the clients. Highly competitive tariff structure is designed for ocean freight services to covers all delivery requirements of the clients from varied market sectors. These services involve analysis of various goods or tasks assigned for transportation. This assists to find the most economical and safe routes for the delivery of task. Best vehicles fleet is offered within the nation to cover all coastal regions. For this they have associated with the world's most experienced agents to offer quality logistics solutions for all international freight forwarding. The negotiated rates these companies are the best and help clients in the custom clearance and documentation process. Moreover, they analyze to compare different shipping lines for freight forwarding. Various air freight management solutions provided by the companies help in shipping all cargo to major international airports. The expert customs clearance procedures offered to clients for clearing their cargo in India, both export and import are just fabulous. They use the unmatched expertise of various freight forwarders to assist clients in clearing their cargo any where across the globe. So use these cost effective logistics and international freight management services to have exceptional freight forwarding services experiences. The author of this article is an experienced writer. He has written many informative articles on various topics. In this article you can find valuable information about logistics services providers in mumbai 1 . References ^ logistics services providers in mumbai (www.blrlogistiks.com)
- Electric Car Owners Unfazed by Storm - NYTimes.com Hurricane Sandy has created havoc 1 for motorists in New York and New Jersey. I witnessed about 100 people running down the street with gas cans, said Tom Moloughney, who owns Nauna s Bella Casa, an Italian restaurant in Montclair, N.J. They heard a gas station about a half-mile away was getting a delivery. Even though Mr. Moloughney commutes nearly 100 miles round trip to the restaurant from his home in Chester, N.J., he s not affected by gasoline supply disruptions. That s because he drives an all-electric BMW 2 ActiveE. I can drive all I want without worry, he said. As is the case for many drivers in New Jersey, Mr. Moloughney lost power at home. There were over 30 trees knocked down on my block alone, he said. All the power lines and telephone poles are tangled up in them. Like other E.V. owners in the area, Mr. Moloughney shifted from relying mostly on home charging to juicing up at a public charger in an unaffected area. The map of towns with and without power is like a checkerboard, but with a little planning, electric fuel may be more available than gasoline. Many gas stations have been shut down, even if they have gasoline, because power failures disabled the gas pumps. Mr. Moloughney, an E.V. owner since 2009 and a proponent of the technology, uses one of three 240-volt chargers he installed at his restaurant as a courtesy to E.V.-driving customers. On Thursday, Mr. Moloughney saw a Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i and two Chevy Volts charging in the restaurant s parking lot. There was one unavoidable inconvenience. Because his restaurant is one of the open in town, business has been brisk but when the restaurant s delivery drivers ran out of gas, home deliveries were suspended. The ActiveE 3 provides nearly 100 miles on a single charge. To add a few insurance miles for the commute, Mr. Moloughney is also charging his electric Bimmer overnight with a 110-volt outlet at home, which has a natural-gas generator. A 240-volt charger adds about 25 miles of driving range per hour, while the 110-volt feed supplies only about 4 miles of range per hour. Frank Streng, an electric car 4 driver who lives in Northern Westchester County, is coping with power failures in a similar way. Mr. Streng, a lawyer, usually charges his all-electric Nissan Leaf overnight at his home in Cortlandt Manor, N.Y., and wakes up with plenty of juice for the 60-mile round-trip commute to his office in White Plains. He has owned the Leaf since January. With no power (or generator) at home, Mr. Streng has been using a public charger at the White Plains train station, a couple of blocks from his office. I m now using that as a primary energy source, Mr. Streng said. It s my third day in a row doing it. It s worked out fine. Before the storm, he used the charging point at the train station only twice and had never seen other E.V. s parked there. On Thursday, he saw two E.V. s charging at the station. They re probably doing what I m doing, he said. Mr. Streng learned from the Con Edison Web site that he might not get power back until Nov. 9. At $10 for an all-day charge in White Plains roughly the equivalent of the cost of running a 25-m.p.g. gas car Mr. Streng resorts to public charging only as a last resort. The best deal is when you re charging at home, Mr. Streng said. It s pennies. There are eight E.V. charging stations within five miles of White Plains. Even with the modest electric car infrastructure in New York compared to the West Coast, it s enough, Mr. Streng said. References ^ created havoc (www.nytimes.com) ^ More articles about BMW. (topics.nytimes.com) ^ Review of the ActiveE (www.nytimes.com) ^ More articles about electric vehicles. (topics.nytimes.com)
- Eric's Autos: Fiat's Got TroublesAutomotive by ArcaMax, sponsored today by: There are lots of ways to make money online - but most of them require time and money ... and that just doesn't work so well for most people. That's why we were really excited when we learned about Project Payday. * You can be up and running in under an hou ...
- Eskom cuts coal-haulage operating hours Reuse this 1 By: Natasha Odendaal 2 State-owned Eskom on Monday said it had cut back on its coal-hauling times on the back of a recent spate of driver fatalities on Mpumalanga roads. The trucking of coal to Eskom s power stations, which was an around-the-clock operation, would be halted from 18:00 on Fridays to 06:00 on Sundays the period said to have accounted for 36% of fatal road accidents. Speeding, fatigue, poor visibility, road conditions, contravention of the rules of the road and alcohol were found to be some of the main factors contributing to the accidents over the past three years, Eskom noted, citing information sourced from the Department of Community Safety, Security and Liaison s road safety and law enforcement division for the Gert Sibande district. The majority of the coal-haul road network fell in the Gert Sibande district. Over the past three months, Eskom consulted various stakeholders in the transport and coal-mining industry to review options to improve safety on the coal-haulage routes in Mpumalanga. This intervention will result in increased rest time for truck drivers and all transporters staff, which will aid in fatigue management and allow for regular intervals to conduct in-depth maintenance and mechanical performance testing of trucks to further minimise incidents resulting from mechanical failure, Eskom said in a statement. Last year, about 14-million tons of coal had been transported by Eskom s contracted coal road-haulage companies, with another 20-million tons moved by companies contracted directly with mining companies that supply Eskom s power stations. All stakeholders, including the Department of Community Safety, Security and Liaison, the Chamber of Mines and Eskom s logistics and mining partners, would continue to review the implementation of this safety initiative to ensure that operations continue to run smoothly, Eskom concluded. Edited by: Chanel de Bruyn Reuse this 3 References ^ Reuse this (www.engineeringnews.co.za) ^ Natasha Odendaal (www.engineeringnews.co.za) ^ Reuse this (www.engineeringnews.co.za)
- Espace freight forwarders- for ANY freight forwarding | Article Submit If you need to get equipment, assets and goods transported overseas, land or via air with the least trouble and hassle possible, and both cost and time efficiently then espaceglobalfreight.com- as superbly seamless freight forwarders- have a team of expert freight forwarders with the experience and knowledge to facilitate any freight forwarding request you may have. Based in three central locations- Lichfield, Warrington and Hull espace freight forwarders are a reliable, trustworthy team of freight forwarders that can tailor and customise their freight forwarding solutions according to any set of distinct needs and requirements. Whether you require clearance services, storage facilities, and any land, sea or air freight forwarding, you can rest assured that this company of dedicated freight forwarders can cater their services accordingly. What sets them aside as superb freight forwarders that can be trusted with invaluable goods packages lies solely in the fact that they are a team who work closely with some of the World s best importers and exporters, so whether you require oversize freight forwarding solutions or express freight forwarding options; they endeavour to understand your unique needs prior to undertaking the operation as means of ensuring that their customer s expectations are consistently met. As a reactive and proactive team of freight forwarders who services are not confined to straightforward freight forwarding services, the staff at espace work with the utmost efficiency and attention to detail to ensure the task is completely flawlessly and on time. And, as time itself being an imperative aspect of being great freight forwarders; espace adhere to exacting standards to deliver your goods not just on time, but ahead of time to eliminate any stress or worries you may have. If you d like more information on what the team of freight forwarders at espace can do for you and how they can aid you in the shipping of goods, visit them online today at: www.espaceglobalfreight.com 1 where someone will be only too pleased to guide you further. Freight Forwarders 2 from espaceglobalfreight.com. We are able to transport your freit by any means; air, road and sea. Visit us for Freight Forwarding 3 . References ^ www.espaceglobalfreight.com (www.espaceglobalfreight.com) ^ Freight Forwarders (www.espaceglobalfreight.com) ^ Freight Forwarding (www.espaceglobalfreight.com)
- Euro 6 Engines * Europe* UK - CAP: on the implications of Euro-6 (Photo; Daf Euro-6 engine) London,EN,UK - Commercial Vehicle, by James Clark/Tim Cattlin -9 March 2012: -- It’s possibly stating the obvious to those close to all things transport-related, but the introduction of Euro-6 legislation for all new trucks registe ...
- European Fleets Pessimistic About Further Fuel Efficiency SavingsBRUSSELS, Belgium -- A new report released today by Goodyear Dunlop reveals that despite efforts to improve fuel efficiency, 1 in 7 European road hauliers predict they will be out of business within eight ...
- European Mtr.Hdgs - Final ResultsEUROPEAN MOTOR HOLDINGS plc ("EMH") Preliminary results for the year ended 28 February 2006 EMH, consistently one of the UK's most profitable quoted motor retail groups, announces its results ...
- Every little thing about volvo c30As previous as 2010, any Volvo C30 review will inform you that this will be the ideal hatchback automobile that you want to get if you really like model and comfort and ease. Developed by Volvo cars and trucks, there is certainly each and every purpose why a man or woman who knows a great automobile ...
- Expansion is the logical solution to economic woes - supplychain.com With a well established logistics and transport business in Europe, the company decided to tackle the economic downturn with a number of ambitious expansions. Following a number of acquisitions, including Schneider Freight Forwarding in the US, TDG in Europe, APC Beijing and the John Keells group in Sri Lanka and India, ND has developed a new global freight forwarding division. Dave Barron, Global Commercial Director at Norbert Dentressangle Overseas (ND), has been a big part of the new acquisitions. ND is now global supply chain provider across both international and domestic logistics with operations in Asia, North Amer ica, South America, the Indian Subcontinent and Europe. We have the transportation division that was the founding business of ND group, we have the logistics division and we most recently have the freight forwarding division as well, he explained. Continuous expansion Barron is confident the growth and acquisition programme will continue. We ve just recently completed the acquisition of the Nova Natie group, which gives us freight forwarding operations in the Netherlands and Belgium as well as warehousing and distribution business for our logistics division . We will continue the development of the group and make the correct strategic acquisitions as and when they become available. The group is constantly checking out new markets for ND in an effort to expand the company s global footprint through both organic growth and acquisition. We ve recently commenced business in Saudi Arabia with a logistics division. At ND, the policy is to constantly ensure that we continue the global expansion of the business, predominantly and initially through freight forwarding but also through our logistics division We re always looking at expansion in South America, North America, and Asia in addition to strengthening our foot holding here in Europe. New services ND is able to transport a range of materials across the world through their freight forwarding division, which offers both air freight and shipping through their Red Sky Connect and Red Ocean Connect services, offering more reliability through using their own transportation. We service clients globally across all modes of transport: particularly automotive, perishable, hi-tech, retail and chemicals. Our new freight forwarding services are the dedicated ND networked product offerings for ocean and air freight which ensure that the product is handled by NDO throughout; the solutions between the two points are a robust, operationally sound and are managed by NDO people, so our customers have the security that their products are being handled by NDO at both ends of the supply chain, that the solutions are reliable, secure and cost effective. Environmental focus ND has implemented a number of sustainable processes into its operations, having taken delivery of the very first truck to meet the Euro VI standards at the beginning of the year. Implementing the new standards two years before the new standards come into force, ND were the first to implement these new measures which reduces particle emissions by 50% and nitrogen oxide emissions by 77%. With , Norbert Dentressangle has consolidated its lead by purchasing its firstSource: Supply Chain Digital 1 References ^ Supply Chain Digital (www.supplychaindigital.com)
- Export Import Directory
- Export Shipping Co-ordinator posted by Search Consultancy - Crawley Job Description A really exciting opportunity for an Export Shipping Co-Ordinator/Analyst has arisen within my clients global business. The Export Shipping Co-coordinator/Analyst will be responsible for exports of worldwide shipments, ensuring all activities are undertaken to maximize levels of customer satisfaction and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations. Specific responsibilities of the Export Shipping Co-coordinator/Analyst include: * Arranging export shipments via Airfreight, Sea freight & Road freight * Completing and Raising all Export Shipping Documentation * Raising chamber of commerce / customs documentation including legalization of documents including managing the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities * Liaising with Freight Forwarders and Couriers to make Export bookings, review costs and services for freight forwarders and approval of freight invoices supplied by the carriers. * Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses' and restrictions * Work to tight deadlines, and respond to client priorities, and work schedules * Ensure re-export of products are processed in compliant with the rules and regulations depending on reason of export, i.e., repair, FOC warranty, exhibition. * Liaison with Head/regional offices in Europe, South & North America, and the Far East * Communicate with export and import and related authorities, and customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities * Handling Hazardous Export shipments * Tracking & Tracing Export consignments * Liaising with internal & external customers to resolve any shipping issues which arise. Preferred Skills * Extensive and proven export licensing and export compliance experience particularly UK regulations and US Commercial Export Controls and Embargoes. * Up to date knowledge of letters of credit, ATA Carnet, applying for Certificates of Origin, applying for export licenses, EUR1 Forms and CCVO's. * Excellent IT skills ideally with experience of internal systems and tools including MS Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and a high level of MS Excel experience. * Good task/ time management skills will be required, as are self motivation skills. Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize will be required. Ability to communicate at a good level internally and across departments. * Proven record of achievement and ability with emphasis on airfreight processes, customer service, administration and financial awareness. * Customer Service and communication skills are required. * Proven organizational skills. * Sound attention to detail skills will be required. * Must have hands on approach. For further information please call Alice Campbell on 01273 862308 quoting reference AliceC/206509/AGY alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FDI Tracker: FedEx Trade Networks establishes new operations in ... Glasgow 16 August 2012 FedEx Trade Networks, the freight forwarding arm of global shipping giant FedEx Corp., announced today it has established new operations in Glasgow, Scotland as part of its ongoing expansion initiative. This is the third FedEx Trade Networks office to open in the United Kingdom and will offer customers amplified access to major global markets and the company s comprehensive portfolio of freight forwarding solutions. Strategically located close to the Glasgow (GLA) and Prestwick (PIK) airports, as well as Greenock and Grangemouth ocean terminals , Glasgow is an ideal location for the expert in international trade to launch operations. The addition of Glasgow to its existing freight forwarding offices in London and Manchester strengthens the company s global capabilities with increased coverage in the UK. With the new operation in Glasgow, we can provide global shippers and businesses in the region with the local support they need, said Fred Schardt, CEO and president of FedEx Trade Networks. Glasgow is an important transport hub for the textile, automotive and technology sectors and its port structure and network of road and railways offer multiple import and export options. This new office will provide customers enhanced access to the whole of Europe and increase connectivity worldwide. Customers will benefit from the company s wide range of customizable air and ocean freight forwarding solutions. FedEx Trade Networks specializes in a variety of multi-modal and value-added services to create end-to-end solutions for customers that can include air and ocean transport, customs brokerage, purchase order management with Global Order Logistics, surface transportation, warehousing and distribution. The flexible freight forwarding options enable customers to manage their supply chains efficiently while controlling their goods from origin to destination. As part of the company s global expansion initiative, which began in 2008, FedEx Trade Networks has opened a total of 51offices around the globe. Those locations include the United Kingdom (Manchester, London, Glasgow), The Netherlands (Amsterdam and Rotterdam), Belgium (Brussels and Antwerp), France (Paris, Lyon and Le Havre), Spain (Madrid and Barcelona), Italy (Milan and Bologna), Germany (Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich), Poland (Gdynia and Warsaw), Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, South Africa, Turkey (Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir), the United Arab Emirates, India (Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi), the United States (Phoenix, Milwaukee, St. Louis), Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and the Chinese cities of Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Tianjin, Xiamen, Dalian, Ningbo, Chongqing and Chengdu. The company also has a representative office in Vietnam. FedEx Trade Networks now operates over 130 offices in 25 countries. FedEx Trade Networks and its predecessor companies have more than 100 years of experience in international trade. The company's advanced technology and network of worldwide locations and alliances enables it to provide comprehensive ocean and air international freight forwarding, customs brokerage, Global Order Logistics, distribution and surface transportation, trade advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions.
- FedEx Ground Route, Delco For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware ... Businesses For Sale 1 > Business For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania (PA) Asking Price: Gross: Cash Flow: $ 159,000 $ 130,000 $ 100,000 Furniture and Fixtures Value: $ 10,000 (included in the asking price) Business Summary: FedEx Ground Route for sale $159,000! Seller financing with $100k down! Currently grossing $130,000 per year and nets $100k as an owner/driver. Includes vehicle! Territory is purchased through independent distributor and contracted through FedEx. Territory for this route includes the Delco, Delaware County, Pennsylvania area. Truck is picked up and dropped off daily at the terminal located in Barrington, NJ. New terminal opening in August 2013 that is 1 mile from the current route. Weekends off! Motivated Seller! Bring your own driver and just manage the business as an owner and net $65k! Owner is willing to stay and work part-time! For more details and financing options go HERE: http://www.routesforsale.net/fedex-ground-delco-pennsylvania.html Year Business was Established: 2003 Owner willing to finance: Seller financing with $100k down, More financing Visit BusinessLoanAvailable.com Owner willing to train: Owner will train. Reason for selling: Seller has aother business opportunity. Seller Reference Number: bm1292404027 BusinessMart.com Listing Number: 127536 To request more information on this business please fill out the form shown right 2 Businesses For Sale by City & State More Businesses For Sale Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Franchises For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania FedEx Ground Route, Delco For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Businesses For Sale by Category Restaurants For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Car Washes For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Laundromats For Sale Liquor Stores For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Gas Stations For Sale Convenience Stores For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Internet Business For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Nightclubs & Bars For Sale Automotive Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Routes For Sale Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Pet Businesses For Sale Wholesale & Distribution Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Manufacturing Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Marinas For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Buying a Business Resources Buying a Business in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania The Advantages of Buying An Existing Business in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Forget The Asking Price of A Business For Sale Getting Into Business: FedEx Ground Route, Delco How To Value A FedEx Ground Route, Delco 20 21 22 23 24 3 4 5 References ^ Businesses For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ shown right (www.businessmart.com) ^ Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Franchises For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ FedEx Ground Route, Delco For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Restaurants For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Car Washes For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Laundromats For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ Liquor Stores For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Gas Stations For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ Convenience Stores For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Internet Business For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Nightclubs & Bars For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ Automotive Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Routes For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania Pet Businesses For Sale (www.businessmart.com) ^ Wholesale & Distribution Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Manufacturing Businesses For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Marinas For Sale in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (www.businessmart.com) ^ Buying a Business in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (buying.businessmart.com) ^ The Advantages of Buying An Existing Business in Ridley Township, Delaware County Pennsylvania (buying.businessmart.com) ^ Forget The Asking Price of A Business For Sale (buying.businessmart.com) ^ Getting Into Business: FedEx Ground Route, Delco (buying.businessmart.com) ^ How To Value A FedEx Ground Route, Delco (buying.businessmart.com)