- Micro USB Host on the go OTG Cable – Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable OTG function
- With this Micro USB Host OTG cable, you can connect your device to most USB Flash Drive, Mouse & Keyboard.
- It also works with external hard disk, BUT you need external power source for the hard disk.
- It should also work with non-power hungry card reader. Total length of this cable is about 12 cm including the plug.
- New version with more accommodating “L” shaped connector
WHAT IS OTG FOUNCTION?
USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated USB OTG, is a specification that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host allowing a USB Flash Drive, mouse, or keyboard to be attached.USB On-The-Go (OTG) allows two USB devices to talk to each other without requiring the services of a personal computer (PC). Although OTG appears to add peer-to-peer connections to the USB world, it does not. Instead, USB OTG retains the standard USB host/peripheral model, in which a single host talks to USB peripherals. OTG does introduce, however, the dual-role device, or simply stated, a device capable of functioning as either host or peripheral. Part of the magic of OTG is that a host and peripheral can exchange roles if necessary.
Before OTG, the concept of an embedded host was already established in the USB world. Instead of duplicating the full UHCI/OHCI USB controllers and drivers built into PCs, most embedded host chips provide limited hosting capabilities. This makes them better suited to the embedded environment than a PC with its huge resources and infinite capacity for drivers and application software.
So this cable can completely instead of a high-priced USB Adapter to accomplish the same work.
Attention: please make sure that your device has OTG function first:
As far as our knowledge, it can works well with Samsung I9000 N7000 galaxy S II, Archos G9 80 tablet, Archos A70 tablet, NIKON D90, XOOM, Toshiba TG01, Nokia N810, N900 and OTHER Android devices WITH custom ROM/Kernel that support USB Host mode.
(Unfortunately LENOVO A1 tablet AND BlackBerry Playbook do NOT support OTG, we hope they will support OTG in future, THANK YOU)
1 x OTG cable;
1 x cable tie(Keeping cabling tidy)